Chapter 29

Raelynn continued to sing as the surroundings suddenly got gloomy. The hair bun became undone as the strands of golden locks fell to the ground before turning black. Dahlia couldn't help smiling in delight as she saw that her plan was working. She reached her hand out towards the now black hair and recited a spell as she saw a dark hue envelop her skin.

"Finally," she shouted as she felt her magic starting to get stronger.

Bonnie came out of the shadows and saw Raelynn staring into the sky as the once-shining sun was now slowly being replaced with an eclipsed moon. While Dahlia continued to absorb the magic of the sunflower from Raelynn, Bonnie couldn't contain the jealousy she felt towards the girl.

While distracted, Bonnie started to use expression which is a form of dark magic witches are forbidden to use. Bonnie couldn't contain the rage and jealousy she felt towards the girl so she charged toward the girl while chanting spells only to receive a swift kick across the face from Raelynn.

"You're pathetic," said Raelynn as the Bennett witch got up not willing to admit defeat as she continued to chant spell after spell hoping to disarm the girl.

Meanwhile, Esther came out of the shadows and went to face her greatest fear, Dahlia.

"So nice of you to join me, sister," Dahlia taunted as she watched Esther walk up to her.

"You will not win Dahlia," said Esther.

"You know you've always been a bitch. I was there for you when no one else was. When you were upset who did you turn to? Me. When dad wanted to sell you off to an old pot-bellied merchant who stopped him? Me. You know I've always loved Mikael, I mean I met him before you but I didn't pursue it because I thought if I left, who would take care of you? When you couldn't get pregnant, I didn't curse at you for being a failure of a woman, no, I helped you like the good older sister I am, even if it meant going against nature just to make you happy and how do you repay me? You betrayed me," said Dahlia.

"You took my child," Esther shouted.

"Because you betrayed me" Dahlia shouted back. 

"I helped you search for the flower and when we couldn't find it, you decided to take my daughter," said Esther.

"You didn't help me do anything," said Dahlia.

"I spent three days and nights coming up with a potion to help you have a child which weakened me. I could have lost my life but I still pushed on because I knew you'd be happy and you would help me," she added.

"You buried my husband alive and then sent a fake to bed me every night. As if that wasn't bad I was raped every day and night by that thing you sent and abused along with my children so how was that supposed to make me happy? You made my son believe he was the product of an affair as you weakened him and had him watch his younger brother die because you made the werewolves feral," said a now-crying Esther.

"You tore my family apart over some stupid flower, but I won't allow you to hurt my family anymore," Esther added as she wiped her tear-stricken face.  Mikael was sad because he didn't know that he had gone through such much pain over the years as well as his family.

"Let's see what you've got," said Dahlia as she got in position.

The two then chanted spells trying to disarm each other as the force of good fought against the force of evil. While Raelynn had the upper hand, Esther wasn't so lucky as Dahlia's magic was being channeled through Raelynn's hair. 

The duo continued to fight their opponents to the best of their abilities as Raelynn sidestepped Bonnie and knocked her to the ground before giving her an aneurysm. She then turned and saw that her mother was being badly beaten by the dark-haired witch and she knew she needed to do something before things got worse. 

Suddenly, a large black wolf alongside an auburn-furred wolf stepped out of the shadows growling menacingly at Dahlia causing the woman to laugh. "I see you called for your dogs," said Dahlia. The two wolves got ready to pounce and sink their teeth into Dahlia when a blonde girl came out of the house running in front of Dahlia as she used her magic to push Mikael back.

"Back away and no one has to get hurt," said Freya.

'Oh before I forget, Esther meet my niece and your daughter Freya," said Dahlia causing everyone to look at the blonde shocked.

"Freya," Esther called out as tears fell from her eyes after seeing her now adult daughter only for Freya to use her magic against her sending her back saying, "I told you to stay back."

Mikaelson parents could only look at their daughter betrayed as Dahlia laughed. However, no matter how many tears they shed, Freya did not care. She along with Dahlia continued to overpower Mikael and Esther when a fist suddenly connected with Freya's face causing her to fall on the ground only for a boot to connect with her face knocking her out along with her receiving a bloody nose and mouth.

"Bitch," said Raelynn.

She then tried to think of how to defeat Dahlia when she noticed a knife in Freya's pants. She suddenly thought of something and even though she was scared, Raelynn knew she had to do it.

"Hey," she said drawing everyone's attention to her.

"Step away from my parents or I cut it," she threatened causing Dahlia to shout out no. Dahlia slowly began to step away from Esther and all of a sudden Bonnie appeared behind Raelynn grabbing the knife and cutting the magic hair as they lost their golden colour and turned brown.

"NO!" Everyone shouted as Dalia dropped to the ground suddenly feeling weak.

"Hahaha now I'm more powerful," screamed a hysterical Bonnie. She then tried to conjure up a spell to blast at Bonnie when she noticed something.

"W-what happened to my magic? Why isn't it working?" she asked now panicked.

"It's the price you pay for using forbidden magic," Dahlia replied getting up.

"No no you tricked me you tricked me," she screamed trying to attack Dahlia only for Raelynn to her across the face.

"Well unlike you, I still have magic," said Raelynn as she started to twist and turn Bonnie's organs causing her immense pain. 

"But how," she asked as blood seeped out of her mouth.

"My hair wasn't the source of my magic," she replied before knocking the Bennett witch out and turning her sights towards Dahlia.

"None of you can defeat me," said Dahlia as she looked towards them.

"They can't, but I can," said Jeremy who suddenly appeared as he droved a knife through her heart. 

"What," she started only for Klaus to appear and pounce on her as he tore her head off and the witches quickly burned the body

"Well that was unexpected," said Raelynn.

"Yep," said Esther as Mikael transformed back into his human self and helped her up.

Jeremy then appeared in front of Raelynn as the girl stared at him shocked. She wanted to know how he was alive after she saw Dahlia kill him. However, before she could ask, her lips were captured into a sudden kiss as the duo embraced each other after finally being reunited.

A/N: Hey guys, guess what? We are almost at the end of this book. Sadly one more chapter to go.