Chapter 23

Mikael looked at his wife eyes filled with love. Finally, he could be with his family again without any restrictions being placed on him. 

"My love how have you been oh my god it feels like forever since I've held you in my arms," said Mikael as he refused to release the woman. 

"Well it has been a thousand years since we've last embraced," replied Esther as she looked at her husband.

"What about our kids? Where's Freya, Finn, Elijah, Rebekah, Kol, and even little Niklaus? See darling I told you that out of all our children, Niklaus would be the only one to transform since your magic overpowered my werewolf gene in the others," replied Mikael as he asked about his children. 

The elder male was sad that he didn't get the chance to see any of his children grow up but now that he was back, he vowed to protect them with all he had.

"What the hell," shouted Kol bringing the two lovers' attention to the male.

"Kol behave," said Esther.

"That's Kol?" Mikael asked as he walked up to his son.

He embraced the male who didn't return the embrace but he understood since the male didn't know what was going on. He then looked at the other male behind him and put his hand out to shake it.

"I am guessing you're Elijah. The few times I saw you when you were younger, you've always taken on the parenting role of you're younger siblings, and see you still exhibit such behaviors," said Mikael with a proud smile on his face.

Mikael then turned to the other male who was looking at him with nothing but anger and fear.  Mikael's eyes then began to shine revealing his wolf eyes which triggered something in Nikaus whose hybrid eyes suddenly appeared.

"Oh Niklaus you finally transformed but from what I am seeing you haven't grown as yet," said Mikael. He wanted to hug his child but the hybrid male only sat back as he remembered the trauma he's suffered.

"I don't understand you are not Mikael.....I killed him so how are you..he back," Niklaus asked as tears ran down his face which angered Mikael.

"Esther what has that harlot done to make my son look at me with such angry and fearful eyes?" asked Mikael as he tried his best to keep his wolf at bay. The wolf was upset to see his pup look at him like that.

"Everyone you all must have a lot of questions so let's return to the house where I can explain everything to you all," said Esther.

"Jeremy please carry Raelynn," the witch as she did a spell that placed the golden locks back into a bun the hunter lifted his girlfriend and carried her towards the Mikaelson mansion as everyone else followed wanting answers.

They finally arrived at the house and Mikael was brought to tears when he saw his youngest daughter who looked like her mother when he first met her. It took everything in him not to go embrace her but he decided to wait until they explained the situation. 

The family sat in the living room with all the siblings sitting across from their so-called parents and a teenage Henrik. Esther decided to clear the air by explaining the events that led their family to be like this, 

"First my children I would like to apologize for deceiving you as all must of heard I was trying to kill you all but I wasn't. Due to my greed in the past, things became like this. So to explain everything I'll start from the beginning. Long ago a drop of sunlight fell from the sky and to the earth and where it fell sprouted a flower. This flower not only nourished the earth but it gave witches their magic. So to thank the flower we vowed to protect it but sadly some witches coveted the flower for not only its healing properties but its ability to give the elderly their youth," Esther started to explain.