ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

[ - - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - - ]

[ - - ┈┈˃̶˂̶┈┈ - - ]

POV: 'Adira'

The door to the shop opened with a ding as Adira walked in. She took a quick look around and saw that no one else was in the shop but her. The man who, according to her telepathy, needed diamonds was standing behind the counter digging through a drawer. His back faced Adira and she could see him struggling to bend over. He seemed to be in his sixties, but for someone that old he was in decent shape. He had strong arms, probably from doing all the work around here, but his back was like that of a seventy-year-old man. Adira walked quietly up to the man so as not to disturb him. She waited for him to turn around and notice her. Adira had all her diamonds in a smallish, white cloth bag which she made by tying knots in some fabric she tore off her dress. It wasn't perfect but oh well.

The man stood up and turned around, jumping slightly when he saw Adira.

"When did you come in?" the man asked before shaking his head. "Nevermind, what do you want?"

"I want to sell these." Adira held out the white back and let the man open it himself. His eyes widened.

"Holy shit! This is a lot," the man exclaimed as he opened the bag. He turned back to Akira and asked accusingly, "Where did you get this?"

"If I told you, then it wouldn't be a great way of making money, would it?" Akira answered dryly.

"I suppose not," the man spoke quietly then took out a magnifying glass to inspect a diamond he took out of the bag. "These real?"

"Yes."

"Well I'll want to check them first but this will get you one good chunk of change," the man set the diamonds down and held out a hand. "I'm Klyke."

Adira took the man's hand and shook it firmly. "Adira as of right now."

The man chuckled. "Well Adira, how many diamonds are in here?"

"76, all around the size of a teardrop," Adira answered proudly.

"76..." the man trailed off doing mental math. Adira and Klyke went back and forth bargaining prices and waiting for Klyke to check the diamonds. After a good amount of time Adira left with enough money to last her a while.

After wandering around the bad side of town Adira moved towards UA to see how the heroes acted. She wandered from school to school and saw a few heroes in action. She passed a familiar-looking boy with emerald eyes watching heroes take down an especially big villain. His eyes lit up as he watched and he scribbled aggressively in a notebook. Adira chuckled. She was glad he wasn't a target. Adira watched him for another minute then left. After wandering around, getting food, and getting a phone, Adira saw smoke floating high into the air. She was about to leave it to the so-called heroes of today, but she got a strong sinking feeling in her gut like she shouldn't.