ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

[ - - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - - ]

[ - - ┈┈˃̶˂̶┈┈ - - ]

POV: Y/N

I stared up at my past friend as he stood awkwardly at my doorstep. He was dressed suspiciously in all black and he wouldn't make eye contact with me. I waited a second before sighing and opening the door wider.

"It's cold out, come in," I said quietly, motioning for the man before me to follow. I walk with Tenko into the house and I signal to Bailey that it's safe. I watch my dog trot up to him and nudge his nose against one of Tenko's gloved hands. He hesitantly lets the dog sniff his hand before Bailey deems him a friend and sits on his feet.

Tenko still didn't say anything as he watched Bailey sit against him and he gently stroked his fur. Kira had moved from my shoulder to my head as I went to get some water.

"Here." I handed Tenko the glass which he took silently. "You wanna tell me why you appeared at my door at 3 am in the morning?" I asked.

"Damn Kurogiri was making a racket," was his response.

I raised an eyebrow. "That prompted you to visit me, a hero student?"

He didn't answer.

"We have a lot to catch up on," I said while smiling slightly. I waited for Tenko to say something, and when he didn't I hesitantly started talking. I talked about Bailey and Kira and the entrance exam and how I met a great friend. I talked some about Veren and some about UA but Tomura was silent the whole time. I skimmed over the events just so that the silence was filled while we stood there.

"I may have found out where Ray is," Tenko said quietly. "I got a message from an unknown number three days ago."

My eyes widened and I dropped the second glass of water I had grabbed for myself. Tenko and Bailey flinched at the glass shards scattering across the floor but I didn't move.

Tenko stood uncertainly just at the edge of the broken glass while Bailey ran into the other room. I blinked a few times before quickly apologizing and picking up the crystal shards off the ground.

Tenko bent down beside me and helped me clean up the glass silently. After the shards were safely in a trashcan, we all sat on my living room couch. The air in the room felt hotter than normal and anxious nerves caused my leg to bounce up and down.

"Can you show me the messages?" I asked, slowly breaking the silence.

Tenko wordlessly unlocked his phone and handed it to me. I stared down at the glowing screen as I read the single message in the conversation.

<< Sun Rays are only visible in the Sky at day. At night, they reflect off the moon to guide the tired traveler home.

I reread the message over and over, trying to make sense of it. Sun, Ray, and Sky are obvious references to our old nicknames, but what did the second sentence mean? At night, they reflect off the moon to guide the tired traveler home? Did he mean to go home at night? Who is the tired traveler? Why is there only one traveler? Was only one of us allowed to go?