ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖

[ - - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - - ]

[ - - ┈┈˃̶˂̶┈┈ - - ]

POV: Y/N

After lunch it was finally time for the most exciting class, Hero Basic Training.

We all sat in the classroom, small whispers drifted through the room as the kids around me grew more excited. Everyone was eager to meet the number one hero and see what type of class he came up with.

"I AM HERE! Coming through the door like a normal person!" All might shouted as he burst through the door.

"I can't believe it's really All Might!"

"He really is a teacher."

"This is going to be so awesome!"

"Wow!"

After performing a series of poses All Might finally makes it to the front of the room. "Welcome to the most important class at UA High. Think of it as hero-ing one-oh-one!" he said enthusiastically. "Here you will learn the beginning of how to be a pro, and what it means to fight in the name of good! Today's lesson will pull no punches!"

I saw a large smirk on Bakugou's face and a nervous look on Izu's.

"But one of the keys to being a hero is looking good!" All Might shouted as the wall opened to show capsules with everyone's hero costumes in them. Everyone grabbed their costume and rushed to the lockerroom to change.

My costume was designed with an open back for if I ever needed my wings and went all the way up my neck so people couldn't tell when I was charging up my fire. The main body piece also included shorts that resembled volleyball shorts in their length. They barely covered my ass but it left all the skin on my legs available for spikes to pop out and surprise enemies. I also had black combat boots and fingerless gloves that went all the way up my arms leaving only a little space between the main piece and the gloves. I left my hair down because I didn't like the feeling of it tied up. The whole thing was black with golden scale-like armor that climbed up the arms and sides. The boots had a scale design along the soles.

We all walked out of the locker rooms at the same time and I saw all my classmates' costumes. They varied in color and style but they were all cool. I giggled at Izu's obvious All Might inspired features. Bakugou had cool explosion things in his hair and Iida looked like a knight. My costume was one of the darkest, aside from Tokoyami.

All Might complimented all of our costumes as we walked into the light and soon started explaining the training exercise we were going to do.

"You'll be split up into teams or heroes and villains and fight two-on-two indoor battles."

"Isn't this a little advanced?" Asui asked.

"The best training is what you get on the battlefield. But remember, you can't just punch a robot this time. You're dealing with actual people this time."

"Sensei, will you be the one who decides who wins?"

"How much can we hurt the other team?"

"Do we have to worry about the losers being expelled like earlier?"

"Will you be splitting us up by chance or comparative skill?"

"Isn't this cape very stylish?"

"I wasn't finished talking," All Might said through a strained smile. "Listen up, the situation is this."

He pulled out a small handbook and started to read out of it.

"The villains have hidden a nuclear missile somewhere in their hideout. The heroes must try to stop them by either capturing the evildoers or recovering the weapon. Likewise, the villains succeed if they protect their payload or capture the heroes. Time's limited and we'll choose teams by drawing lots!"

"Isn't there a better way?" Iida asked.

"Think about it," Izu interrupted. "Heroes often have to pair up with heroes from other agencies and people they aren't familiar with on the spot. So maybe that's the reason we're seeing that here."

"Yes, I see. Life is a random series of events. Excuse my rudeness."

"No sweat, let's draw!"

Uraraka and Midoriya - Team A

Shouji and Todoroki - Team B

Mineta and Yaoyorozu - Team C

Bakugo and Iida - Team D

Ashido and Aoyama - Team E

Koda and Sato - Team F

Kaminari and Jirou - Team G

Tokoyami and Asui - Team H

Ojiro and Hagakure - Team I

Sero and Kirishima - Team J

[ Y/N ] - Team K

"Sensei! Isn't this unfair for [ Y/N ]?" Iida piped up.

"Ah, well. Seeing as we have an odd number of students, there isn't much I can do about it," All Might answered with a sheepish smile.

"I'll be fine Iida, I don't need a partner," I said. "But I do want to know who I'll be up against, seeing that we have an odd number of teams."

"Well, I guess someone will have to go twice."

I nodded.

Everyone got together with their partners while I leaned against the wall of a random building and closed my eyes. I listened to the chatter from all the different teams and strategized how to beat each of them. Certain teams would be harder than others, like the teams with Bakugou, Todoroki, and Momo, who got the highest scores on the fitness test. But I also couldn't underestimate everyone else either. Everyone had their own strengths and weaknesses that I needed to access.

I was kind of hoping to fight Bakugou or Todoroki because they seemed like some of the strongest. Bakugou's quirk wouldn't hurt me as much as a normal person because of my fire resistance but the force of the explosion would still throw me back. Todoroki's quirk would probably work the best against me because I have no resistance against ice. Todoroki has more stamina for using ice than I have for fire. I need time to charge my fire, and time for my throat to cool down before I can use it again.

I glanced over at Todoroki who was, surprisingly, looking back at me. He had a guarded expression and his eyes were sizing me up, seeing how much of a threat to him I would be in a fight. His eyes were challenging. I smirked and tilted my head up so I had to look down at the half and half kid. He looked taken aback by my obvious acknowledgment of his challenge. I felt my smirk grow into a smug grin that showed off my teeth.

'Challenge accepted.'

[ - - ┈┈˃̶˂̶┈┈ - - ]

[ ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 1087 ]