Epilogue

...

"So, you brought her in a mental hospital?" My baby asked. We're laying on our bed, cuddling. We just finished making love. And still, I couldn't get enough of her.

"Yeah," I answered and plant a kiss on her forehead. Her head was on top of me while my right arm is wrapped around her waist.

"That's worst, Riev," She said. I chuckled. "No, wife. What she did is much worst than what I did to her. She must be thankful that I didn't end her life. I just sent her to my friends mental hospital."

Wife.

Yes. She's already my wife. We got married three weeks ago and we're currently in Hawaii for our honeymoon. I can't believe that after all the bad things I've done to her. She still chose to forgive me. Five years without her is fucking hard. Everyday, every night, I'm missing her. Her scent. Her smiles. Her laughs. Her innocence. I missed everything about her.

And all I did in those five freaking years without her by my side is to lock myself inside my office. Of course, there's a lot of realizations in those span of five years. I promised to myself that when she came back and she still loves me, I'll take care of her this time. I'll treasure her. I'll protect her with all my life.

"You're very beautiful, wife," I stared at her with so much love in my eyes.

"And you're very handsome too, hubby." She smiled at me sweetly.

Damn. It's good to hear that endearment from her. Being married to this wonderful woman is the best decision in my life. I couldn't ask for more. Just her is enough. I don't care if I lost everything. But, not her. I can't lose her.

"Hubby, I need to meet Kat and Kai tomorrow. Sinabi ko kasi sa kanila na babawi ako sa kanila. Limang taon akong hindi nagparamdam sa kanila kaya nagtatampo pa rin sila sa 'kin." My wife pouted. The corner of my lips rose up.

"I don't want Kai around you." I frowned when I remember her guy friend named Kai.

"Ano ka ba, Riev? You're my husband. Atsaka may girlfriend na 'yung tao. He's Kat's boyfriend. Napakaseloso mo ah," Aniya at mahina akong hinampas sa dibdib. I just rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, wife. I'm still jealous." I said. "Ewan ko sa 'yo, Riev!" She was about to get up but I didn't let her.

"Where are you going?" I asked with my brows furrowed.

"Naiinis ako sayo kaya ma-iwan ka diyan mag-isa!" Masungit na sabi niya at pinilit na kumawala sa 'kin. "Damn. I'm so sorry, wife. I'm not jealous anymore. Ang sungit mo naman. Are you pregnant already?" I asked.

Well, I was hoping that she is.

"Hala. Four weeks na akong hindi dinadatnan! Ba't ngayon ko lang na-realize!" She gasped.

My heart pounded. Damn. "Fuck, baby. We'll go to an Ob gynecologist tomorrow. We need to confirm if you're pregnant." I said. My heart is fucking happy with the thought of her being pregnant with my child.

"Kinakabahan ako. Paano kung hindi pala ako buntis? Paano kong delay lang?" Worry is written on my wife's face.

"No matter what the result is, I'll accept it, baby. If you're not yet pregnant, then we'll just try and try until you become pregnant with my child. I love you, wife. Always remember that." I whispered and kissed her on her lips. She immediately responded to my kisses.

She broke the kiss and stared at me with so much love in her eyes. "I love you too, hubby." She sweetly whispered.

Having her in my arms completely is the best thing in my life. Being married with her and building our own family. She's the best woman I've ever met except my mom. I can't wait 'til the day come that we'll able to live in our own mansion. The mansion is almost finished. It was built somewhere in Tagaytay. It's my surprise to her when we go back to Philippines.

I even step down from my position in our mafia organization as a mafia boss. I gave it to my brother, Alarkon. I know he can handle the organization very well. I want to live a normal life with my wife and our soon to be baby.

...

The most fulfilling thing that a man can achieved is being a father. I don't see myself building a family of my own not until I met the woman who made my heart beat fast. The woman who accepted me despite of my shortcomings and my imperfections.

I'm not a perfect husband nor a perfect father to my two kids. But, my love for them is genuine. My heart only belongs to my family.

Love indeed is a powerful word. It can make your heart go crazy, it can make you feel pain, it can make you do stupid things just for the sake of love.

Love can change you into someone you never expected you'll become.

"Daddy!" My little princess called me as she enters my office. Vivienne Thalia is my youngest daughter. She's already 7 years old. A smart and a beautiful kid. She really looks exactly like her mother.

"Hey, baby. How's your school?" I asked after I put her on my lap.

"I got a perfect score, daddy!" She happily exclaimed. And me being a proud father, I planted a kiss on her forehead.

"My princess is indeed a smart kid." I said and kissed her on her both cheeks. She giggled.

"Where's your mommy?" I asked.

"She's on her way here, dad. She's with Kuya Akihiro." My princess answered.

I heard the door of my office opened. And when my eyes went to its direction. I saw my eldest son walking towards my table behind him is his mother. My beautiful wife.

"Hey, dad." Akihiro greeted. He went near me and give me a kiss on my cheek.

"Hey, young man. How's your day so far?" I asked him.

"My day is great, dad." He simply answered. Akihiro is already 13 years old. He's a smart kid as well and handsome. He's exactly look like me when I was at his age.

"Hubby!" My wife happily exclaimed while walking to my direction. So beautiful as ever.

"Princess, go to your Kuya Hiro first." I whispered to my youngest daughter.

"Daddy, can you ask Uncle Ark to buy me a new doll house? I want the big one, daddy." My little girl requested. I smiled at her and nodded.

"Yes, baby. I'll tell to your Uncle Ark to buy you a new doll house. Now, go to your Kuya Hiro." I softly uttered. I smiled when I see her run towards her brother.

I felt someone sat on my lap. No other than my beautiful wife. I encircled my arms on her waist and plant a kiss on her lips.

"Baby, you're so gorgeous," I whispered.

She giggled. "I know right!" She confidently agreed which earned a chuckle from me.

"I love you, wife." I uttered while staring at her softly.

"I love you too, hubby." She responded before giving me a passionate kiss which I gladly answered.

This is now my life. This is our story.

Throug storms of chaos and betrayal... I finally found my redemption.

I, Akiro Riev Torrelba, a former mafia boss of Torrelba Mafia Organization, husband of Athaliana Kim Salvatore-Torrelba, a father of two wonderful kids is now signing off.

The End
06/08/22 ♡
....

Finally! It's officially finished. I became teary eyed while writing Riev's last line. Omo. I fell inlove with Athaliana and Riev. It's just sad that their story has ended. But, they will remain in my heart. Thank you everyone for reading!

Fyi, this is my first ever completed novel. After so many years of writing I was able to finished a story. I thought I wouldn't able to finish this. Please, bear with me for now. I'm not a professional writer and I still have a lot of things to learn when it comes to writing. Hope you understand.