Chapter 9

Wanda is in the kitchen area of a house, making some food, when she heard a whole bunch of loud noises from upstairs. Putting on a knowing look, she yelled, "Boys! I thought I said no jumping on the bed!"

"We're not jumping on the bed mom!" one of the boy's voices called out. "We're jumping off the bed!"

"What?!" Wanda shouted. She put down her kitchen utensils and was about to head upstairs, when another voice makes her stop.

"Don't worry hon, I go this." a masculine voice said from around the corner. Wanda then looked down and sighed.

'Kids.' she thought as she continued. And then she smiled as she heard, "Aw, dad!" above her head.

She then heard the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs. And around the corner, where the stairs were, came Billy and Tommy, both as energetic as ever. "Is dinner ready mom?" Billy asked.

"Almost Billy. Almost." Wanda said.

"WE WANT FOOD! WE WANT FOOD! WE WANT FOOD!" said another voice. Wanda turned to see that Tommy had already gotten a fork and started slamming it on the table with every word he said.

"Stop it Tommy." Wanda said with a smile. She knew that he was just messing with her. "It'll be ready soon. Come down honey!" she called out to her husband upstairs.

"Coming Wanda!" the husband said. Then his footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs. The figure of the husband stared to step around the corner when..........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanda's eyes snapped open. Peter's alarm clock was ringing from his room and had woken her up from her dream. 'Killjoy.' Wanda thought grumpily.

Clearly she once again was having dreams of the life her other self is having. But it wasn't the same universe that she dreamed about before. This was a different universe. Billy and Tommy were still there, as she had already figured out back when she first had these dreams and when she realized every universe had her being a mom to those two boys except for this one. But one thing that stuck out to her was the mysterious man who was her husband, who she really wanted to see.

Now in some of the universes, Wanda was a single mom, and there was no father around. In others, Vision was there helping her raise the boys. But this universe had neither. The voice of the man in her dream did not sound like Vision's at all. This voice sounded a lot more energetic and. Very reminiscent to.......

"Alright, time to go to work again." Peter said, rubbing his hands together. "Hopefully Mr. Jameson likes the photo......Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked, once he got a look at the questioning expression Wanda was giving him.

"No reason. Was just thinking about some random stuff." Wanda said, waiving it off.

'Could it be possible?' she thought as Peter shrugged and went to the kitchen for something. 'No.' she said in her mind. Peter was just a friend to her. Nothing more.

Though as she thought that, something inside of her lurched at that statement. Like it didn't like what she was trying to tell herself. 'It's probably something you ate Wanda. Don't worry about it.' she thought.

"Hey Wanda......your fingers." Peter said. Wanda was certainly shocked as she did not see Peter coming so close to her. She must have been too caught up in her own thoughts to take notice.

"What about them?" she asked, but soon she answered her own question. They were still as black as night for the most part. But near the bottom, she could see that the black had turned to a grayish color. Last she checked that small area was just as black as the rest of her fingers. but now it seemed like it was losing its color.