Chapter 29: Konoha's Black Dragon

Amatsu and Marici are walking through the streets of Konohagakure no sato. A few of the townsfolk glaring at the unknown kunoichi beside him. The way she dressed was telling everyone that she was a ninja. Amatsu has only known Marici for one and a half year, by that time the whisker marks on his face had vanished. Only six years after the second great shinobi war. Whenever the sandaime Hokage sent Amatsu on a mission, Marici followed with him. It surprised the whole village to be honest. The two seemed to do everything together. Even sleeping in the same bed. Sandaime had had enough of the one certain blond bringing a civilian with on dangerous S-ranked mission. Basically that is what rank missions Amatsu got. But now that the blond had been stationed close to Kumo, he believed that the blond sage would leave the poor girl in Konoha. Sandaime Hokage had been completely shocked when he saw the two about to leave the gates of Konoha along with a number of jonin ninja.

To the current leader of the leaf, the blond sage had been an interesting and powerful man. He didn't like the joninstandard clothing, so he wore his own style of clothes. White long-sleeved shirt with a thin vambrace on each arm, covering wrists to elbows. The blond sage also wore black trousers that seemed to be immune against fire and lightning. Instead of the usual sandals most shinobi wore, Amatsu had shin guards with a wakizashi attached to the outer side of them. The actual boot wasn't that complex. Sandals plus shin guards. The kunai the kid used fascinated the Sandaime and Minato as well for that matter. Straight black blades, with the handle bandaged in black strips of cloth. Amatsu had changed the seal for his Hiraishin, making it easier to distinguish Minato's and Amatsu's seals. The sword on the blond sage's back was beautifully made. It also had devastating powers. When Sandaime had asked about his weaponry, the kid had answered that all of his weapons are hand made. What's more... All of his weaponry had proven to be indestructible.

"Raijin-san? Are you accompanying us to the base near Rai no kumi?" Kushina asked nervously. "I'm honoured but..." Minato put his hand on his girlfriend's shoulder.
"Don't worry about it. With Amatsu-Ame with us, there is no chance we'll lose", he smiled as he looked at his best friend. Kushina looked a lot more at ease with Minato around her. If her seal keeping Kyuubi at bay was to go haywire, then Minato wouldn't hesitate to reseal it. What's more now with Amatsu on their team, she wouldn't have to worry about it going haywire in the first place. The man is beast when it comes to getting things done fast. Hence the family name Raijin.
"Amatsu-Ame-sama, where are we going?" the rest of the team jumped from fright at the girl's sudden words.
"Amatsu-Ame-sama..?" Kushina said under her breath. "What the hell gives you the right to call him by his given name?" Marici frowned. Amatsu bent his knees all of a sudden.
"I was the one who na..." Marici was interrupted by Amatsu.
"Mari-chan!" Amatsu exclaimed. "It's time to travel. Jump on my back". The orange haired girl hopped onto Amatsu with joy in her face.

Although Amatsu was the person carrying the most weight he was surprisingly the one who was running the fastest. Suddenly Amatsu stopped dead in his tracks.
"All stop!" he yelled. "Someone is close by". A second later and a barrage of shruiken bounced off of an invisible barrier.
"Kumo..." Minato whispered. He could tell by the chakra signatures surrounding them. They were outnumbered, fifty to six. Seven if you count sleeping Marici. Three quick strikes from the enemy and they were down to four ninjas including Marici. Another wave of shuriken flew towards the group of four. The target was the Kyuubi's jinchuriki, Kushina. This was a time of war... Every ninja in Konoha knew that when they left for war, the chance of them returning home was slim. Even Kushina and Minato knew this. Minato, the yellow flash, hugged Kushina as the Shuriken should have hit him. Kushina yelled in horror. The clean shuriken from behind Minato's back floated towards Amatsu. Amatsu was standing on a thick branch holding a scroll of sorts.

Hundreds of three pointed shuriken, kunai and weapons puffed into existence. They were circling around a certain blond sage. Five Kumo ninja tried sneaking up on the distracted couple. They never got within range of assassinating them with swords. The blond sage had wiped them out with a wave of weapons. How they were able to not touch Minato and Kushina, is something only Amatsu knew. He sent all of the floating kunai into different direction. Amatsu then placed his hand on the tree stem beside him.
"Hang on tight Mari-chan", Amatsu whispered softly. A flash of yellow was all that Amatsu left when grabbing kunai and shuriken.