Chapter 5: She Who Graduates

"Alright, now today is our final day. And tomorrow, you'll be done with highschool."

Y/N was happy to know that she was finally graduating. No more highschool. She applied for many colleges, and she has got accepted to most of them. It was gonna be easy for both her and her aunt.

Mrs. Henderson was generous enough to take care of an apartment rental, until Y/N could get on her feet and eventually pay on her own. Now, the getting on her feet part wasn't Mrs. Henderson's idea. That was all on Y/N.

There was only one problem though.

"Psst." Eddie called her. "I wanna show you something later."

She hasn't told Eddie yet.

"Okay." She whispered back.

Well, how could she tell him? If she did, who knows how he'll react? They are friends, and she's going to leave for college soon.

When the bell rang, Eddie quickly got up and waited for Y/N to put all her things in her bag.

"Is that the slowest you can do?" He asked.

"If you're not helping, shut up." She said, struggling to put some books in her bag.

He sighed and picked up the rest of her books, carrying it. "Come on, sweetheart, lets go."

"Eddie!" She called him as she quickly runs to catch up with him. "Okay, where are you taking me?"

"Now, it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, would it?" He said.

"You always do this to get your way." She said.

"Well, that's the fun part of being friends with me." He told her.

The ride to the destination wasn't that far enough. And just like any other ride in the van, Eddie would always let her wait so he could open the door for her. Little things like this just made her fall for him over and over again.

"Okay, where are we this time, Eddie?" She asked. "Are you gonna dump me here and leave me to die?"

"Maybe." He said.

She glared at him, and he just laughed.

"Ah, your glares never gets old." He said.

He led her in to the woods. She had to keep holding on to him or she'd trip. She wasn't exactly prepared for this little adventure.

"Here we are." He said, making a little 'tada' noise.

"Lovers' Lake? Seriously?" She asked him.

"Hey, this place is beautiful, Y/N. You should start appreciating nature more." He said.

"Excuse me, I do appreciate nature." She corrected.

"Not the way I see it." He said. "Just look at this place. It's so relaxing."

She did understood what he meant. Lovers' Lake was so beautiful. It brought her peace. She sat down on the ground, not exactly caring about the stain it'll give her pants. He sat beside her.

"You excited for tomorrow?" He asked.

"A little." She said. "It would be better if you got in too."

"Oh, psh! I'm quite happy that you're graduating. And even if it's without me, I know you'll do so well." He said.

This was her chance to tell him. To open up.