Chapter 18: Favorite Baby Boys

"How much further, Dustin?"

"I'm not sure, we don't have the exact location. We'll just have to wait for the compass to react differently." Dustin said, walking with Steve as they lead the way.

After Y/N's encounter with Vecna, she never left Eddie's side. And Eddie never took his eyes off her. A small reaction from her, he'd make sure to check if she was okay. The thought of her being cursed made him afraid. All he wanted was to be with her, and that magically happened thanks to this Vecna incident. But he feared that maybe this would take her away from him.

Y/N could feel his eyes on her, watching her every move. And although she loved that he was so focused on her, and that he wanted to keep her safe, she was afraid that it would stress him out more.

As her mind was clouded by deep thoughts, she didn't seem to notice the tree root on the ground. Her foot bumped in to it, and she was about to stumble down. Lucky for her, Eddie was there to catch her.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just tripped." She said. She could feel Eddie's tense, so she gave him a heartfelt smile and kissed him. "I'm fine, sweetie."

He gave her a smile and kissed her once more. "I'm sorry. I should've known."

"No, no, don't be sorry. It's not your fault." She said. "I didn't tell anyone. I thought it was maybe because I didn't want anyone to get worried. I mean, if you had been there when Max was cursed, you'd see what I'm talking about."

"No, I understood very clearly what you meant." He said, talking about how he already knew what she meant since it happened to her.

He looked at her, waiting for her to say what was the real reason why she didn't tell them.

"I think a part of me thought that I deserved to be next." She said.

Eddie stopped walking and looked at her. She could tell that he was trying his best to bottle up his emotions. Eddie wasn't exactly that good in hiding his emotions to her. Well, his secret crush on her didn't count.

To make things easier for him, she pulled him in for a hug, bringing his head close to her shoulder as she ran her hands through his long hair. She could feel him shiver, as her shirt started to get wet from the tears. His arms instantly wrapping around her, pulling her close to him as if she'd go and leave him.

"I can't lose you.." He softly said, his voice filled with his cries.

"I know, baby. You won't lose me." She said.

He brought his head up and took her lips, kissing her like he wouldn't see her again. She could feel his pain, and how scared he was. She kissed the tip of his nose and pressed her forehead against his.

"Tell you what, I'll do the same thing Max does. Hm? I'll have music on too." She said as she cupped his cheeks. He nodded, trying to wipe off the tears. He looked like a baby, and she loved this side of him. He was vulnerable, so human.

"Yeah, do that for me sweetheart, okay? Mr. Mercury is gonna keep you safe for now." He said. She instantly chuckled at his words. He dried his eyes, trying to keep his cool together.

"I had you worried back there, didn't I?" She asked him, and he nodded. "Aw, sweetie, Vecna can't possibly kill me. I'm a fighter."

He smiled. "Mhm. My girl is a fighter. A pretty fighter."

"Aw, isn't this sweet?" Robin butted in. "You two getting all clingy."

"Well, we wouldn't want to waste time." He smirked at Robin then looked at Y/N.