Chapter 21: Wheeler Residence

"Couldn't we have tried a road, or something just slightly less creepy?"

Y/N looked at Robin and smiled. "This place is just the definition of creepy."

"Exactly." Robin said.

As both Robin and Y/N chatted, Eddie looked at his girl from behind. He had this faint smile on his face. He just loved her so much, and would be happy with anything she does.

"Eddie." Steve called Eddie. "Eddie. Hey, man. Listen, I just, uh...I just wanna say thanks. For saving my ass back there."

"Shit, you saved your own ass, man. I mean, that was a real Ozzy move you pulled back there." Eddie said.

"Ozzy?" Steve asked.

"When you took a bite out of that bat." Eddie said. "Ozzy Osbourne? Black Sabbath? He- he bit a bat's head off onstage?"

"I don't-"

"Doesn't matter." Eddie said, decided to stop explaining to Steve the reference. "It's very metal, what you did. That's all I'm saying."

"Thanks." Steve said.

"Henderson told me you were badass. Insisted on the matter, infact." Eddie said.

"Wait, Henderson said that?" Steve asked.

"Oh yeah. Shit. Kid worships you, dude. Like, you have no idea." Eddie said. "It's kind of annoying, to be honest. I don't even know why I care what that little shrimp thinks- probably has to deal with him being Y/N's cousin -but, uh, guess I got a little jealous, Steve."

Steve looked at Eddie.

"I guess I couldn't accept the fact that Steve Harrington was actually a good dude." He continued. "Rich parents, popular, chicks love him. Not a douche? No way, man. No way. That, like, flies in the face of all the laws in the universe and my own personal Munson doctrine. Still super jealous as hell, by the way."

"Okay." Steve laughed.

"Which is why I would never have jumped in that lake to save your ass. Not under any, uh...normal circumstances." Eddie said. They both stopped when they heard a noise coming from their side. And when it was gone, Eddie continued to ramble on. "Nope. Outside of D&D, I am no hero. I see danger, I just turn heel and run. Or, atleast that's what I've learned about myself this week."

"Give yourself a break, man." Steve said.

"See? The only reason I came in here was 'cause those ladies came in straight after you. And Y/N was my last straw, when she jumped in, I just had to. Now, I was too ashamed to be the one who stayed behind. But Wheeler right there, she didn't waste a second. Not one second. She just dove right in." Eddie told him. "Now, I don't know what happened between you two, but if I were you, I would get her back. 'Cause that was as unambiguous a sign of true love as these cynical eyes have ever seen."

Steve looked at Nancy then back at Eddie. "What about you and Y/N? You two look like you're in love as fuck. Isn't that true love?"

Eddie smiled at the mention of her.

"See, you even smile by just her name." Steve said.

"Yeah. God, I love her." Eddie said, smiling. "But I was making a point applicable to you, dumbass. Ofcourse ours is true love, I just want to make you feel like yours is special."

Steve chuckled at Eddie's words. The ground started shaking again. Causing Eddie to scream. He looked over at Y/N to make sure she was okay.

"Okay, second of my least favorite things, earthquakes. Seriously, I'm unsteady enough as it is." Robin said.