Chapter 13: Dear Billy

"Dustin, do you copy?"

"Yeah, I copy."

"So, Nancy's a genius. Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a bull's-eye."

"Okay, that's totally bonkers, but I can't really talk right now." Dustin said.

"Wait, what are you doing?"

"Breaking and entering school to retrieve some confidential and extremely personal files."

"Can you repeat that?"

"Just get your ass over here, stat. We'll explain everything." Dustin said, finally putting down the walkie.

Max rushed to the office door, and turned the key to open it. They quickly got inside, their flashlights the only thing keeping the room bright. Max walked over to the steel drawers, going through files.

"It's like a mini-watergate or something." Dustin said.

Y/N didn't mind Dustin and Steve's conversation and walked to the desk, looking for anything that would give her some answers.

"Holy shit." Max muttered.

"You found it?" Y/N asked as she walked closer to Max.

"Yeah, and not just Chrissy's file. Fred was seeing Ms. Kelley too." Max said.

She then placed the files on the desk and sat on the chair, scanning the files. Y/N read through the notes. Both Chrissy and Fred were having headaches, nosebleeds, and nightmares. And underlined were words Y/N already had.

Past Trauma

Y/N felt that somehow, these were familiar. As if they had happened recently, but she couldn't seem to pin point where, when, and who she saw had these symptoms.

Max froze, and Dustin noticed this. He called out to her. "Max, what is it?"

Y/N got snapped back from her thoughts, realizing that Max had stopped moving. Y/N held Max on the shoulder, gently tapping to get a response.

"Max?" Y/N called.

"Max, come on."

"Max??"

Max then suddenly flinched, and she was breathing heavily. Fear all over her. She looked around, seeing that her friends were there.

"Hey, you good?" Y/N asked, her hand behind Max as a sign of support. Max just nodded, but her breathing was still heavy.

Nancy and Robin came running inside the office. "What's going on?"

"I saw a grandfather clock." Max finally spoke.

"A what?" Y/N asked, confused.

Max stood up with her flaslight and walked out of the room. Everyone else followed her, still confused. They all stopped at a dead end, Max was standing there and pointing her flashlight at the wall.

"It was here. Right here." Max said, her voice filled with disappointment and fear.

"A grandfather clock?" Nancy asked, clarifying.

Max nodded. "It was so real. And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just...I woke up."

"It was like she was in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy." Dustin said.