Chapter 9: Finding Munson

"Have you seen or heard from Eddie recently?"

Y/N was on the phone, contacting every possible friend and connections Eddie had. They had to find him, but they needed help. She took both Dustin and Max on the motorbike and speeded their way to a local video store. There, she met Robin and Steve. She instantly vibed with Robin, and Steve was about to hit on her before Dustin stopped him, saying that she was her cousin.

"Yes, of course I'm talking about Eddie Munson! I already asked if you know him." She said. She was so frustrated that she couldn't get any answers. "No, I'm not his girlfriend- yes, I am. How is this even relevant- no, I won't go on a date with you- God what is wrong with you people?!"

She angrily puts the phone down. Robin noticed this and quickly ran to Y/N's side to calm her down.

"Hey, it's alright. We'll find him. Don't worry." Robin said, comforting Y/N.

"This is the 30th call, Robin. And I still feel like I'm not doing hard enough." She said, letting out a sigh. She picked up the phone and looked at the paper for the next person to contact.

"Hey guys, I might have a lead." Max said as she puts down the phone.

They all turned to face her.

"Seriously?" Dustin asked.

"Yeah. Apparently Eddie gets drugs from some guy named Reefer Rick, and sometimes Eddie crashes there." Max said.

"That sounds promising. Where does Reefer Rick live?" Robin asked.

"See, that's the thing. No one knows. He's more of a...a legend than someone that people actually know." Max replied.

"What about a last name?"

"I don't know that either."

Dustin turned to face Y/N. "Hey, you used to hang out all the time with Eddie. Any thoughts on who this Reefer Rick guy could be?"

Y/N shook her head. "Not a goddamn clue. Eddie was just all beer back then. I think he started getting into drugs when I left."

"Bet the cops know the last name." Steve said.

"What?"

"Cops." Steve repeated. "I mean, listen, if this Reefer Rick is actually a drug dealer, I guarantee you he's been busted at some point. Mean's he's in the system."

"The cops?" Y/N asked.

"Really, Steve, that's your suggestion?" Dustin said.

"I think they should be filled in on what we know, what's going on." Steve said.

"You think Eddie's guilty, don't you?" Dustin asked. Y/N looked st Steve in disbelief after what Dustin had said.

"Woah, I believe in innocent until proven guilty, all that constitutional shit. I just, you know...don't think we can rule it out."

"That's precisely what we're trying to do here, Steve." Y/N said.

"And maybe, we'd have a little bit more luck if you spend less time trying to find a girlfriend and more time trying to find Eddie!" Dustin said.

"Somebody has to attend to the customers!" Steve defended himself.

"Especially if they're babes, right?" Robin said, winking at Steve. Y/N chuckled at Robin's comment.