Chapter 14: Hunt the Freak

-trigger warning-

"Hey, Dustin. This is Eddie the banished. You there?"

Eddie looked at the walkie with his eyebrows furrowed. "Dustin, can you hear me? Dustin? Earth to Dustin?"

When Dustin didn't reply to him, he called out the other Henderson. The love of his life.

"Y/N? Darling? You there?"

"Hey, it's Nancy."

"Wheeler! Hey! Um, I'm gonna need a food delivery, like, really soon, unless you want me going out into the world-"

"No, no, no, no. Don't do that. Stay where you are and we'll be there as soon as we can."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hey, where's Y/N?" Eddie asked.

"She still hasn't woken up yet."

Eddie stopped moving around the house. "What do you mean 'still hasn't woken up yet'? What happened?"

"Hey, I'm gonna have to call you back."

"No, don't you da- Wheeler!" Eddie exclaimed. He was worried. What did she mean Y/N hasn't woken up yet? What happened to her? "Wheeler? Goddamn it! Dustin! Wheeler!"

"God, dude. Keep it down-"

"Harrington! Fucking finally! What happened to Y/N?!" Eddie asked, his voice in panic, fear, and all sorts.

"She collapsed yesterday. Max was almost taken by Vecna, then Y/N just suddenly collapsed. I had to carry her back here."

"Is she okay? You have to atleast tell me she's fine, no bruises?" Eddie asked Steve.

"She's fine. She was probably just too stressed out about Max. No bruises."

Eddie let out a relieved sigh and sat down. He had his hands on his face as he tried to hold back his fear of losing her. "Fuck."

"Hey, she's alright. There's nothing to worry about."

"I should've been there." Eddie said, clenching his jaw. "Keep her safe. Just for me. Please?"

"Yeah, we will. Nothing's gonna happen to her. I'll make sure you two still get to do your dirty shit."

Eddie chuckled. "Asshole."

"Alright, we got a situation. We'll get there with your damn food delivery. For now, just lay low."

"Why? What's going on?" Eddie asked.

"Something about Max and...drawings..."

"Yeah, no. I'm not part of the brain team. Get going." Eddie said. "And make sure someone's there for Y/N okay? Oh, and pick me up a six-pack."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

Eddie sighed as the house fell silent. He looked at the food, then back to the lake just outside the house. He felt so alone. And he was missing her. Her touch, her laugh, her stories, her voice. She was the only one that's making everything make sense right now. Even after the traumatic death of Chrissy.

"God, I miss Y/N..."

---

Y/N woke up, all alone in the basement. She had a blanket over her, and she was laying comfortably on Mike's mini bed. Her head was aching, just a tiny bit. She felt a little weak, trying so hard to sit up from her position. She looked around, wanting to find out where the others were. She saw the walkie right next to the bed, so she took it. Changed the frequency so she could talk to the others.