Chapter 12: Relations & Shrinks

"So, you're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside Down?"

"If the shoe fits." Steve said.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell, or a curse." Dustin said. "Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know."

"All we know is that this is something different. Something new." Max pitched in.

"Doesn't make sense." Nancy Wheeler, who was in the crime scene when they got there, said as she shook her head.

"It's only a theory." Dustin said.

"No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean, why them?" Nancy asked.

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place? They were both at the game." Dustin said.

"And near the trailer park." Max said.

"We're at the trailer park." Y/N pointed out.

"Uh, should we maybe not be here?" Steve asked.

"There is something about this place." Nancy said. "Fred started acting weird the second we got here."

"Acting weird as in?" Robin asked.

"Scared, on edge, upset." Nancy said.

"Max said Chrissy was upset too." Dustin said.

"Yeah, but not here." Max clarified. "She was crying in the bathroom at school."

"Serial killers stalk their prey before they strike, right? So maybe Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecman-"

"Vecna." Dustin corrected Robin.

"Dunno 'bout you guys, but if I saw some freaky wizard monster, I would mention it to someone." Steve said.

"Maybe they did." Max butted in. "I saw Chrissy leaving Ms. Kelley's office. If you saw a monster, you...you wouldn't go to the police. They'd never believe you. But, you might go to your-"

"Your shrink." Robin said.

They all agreed that they'd go to see Ms. Kelley, the school's shrink. Apparently, Max has been seeing her for quite a while too. They all walked to Steve's car. But Nancy took a turn, moving far from the car.

"Woah, woah, Nance. Nance!" Steve called out to her. He walked up to her. "Nance, where are you going?"

"Oh, there's just something I wanna check on first." Nancy said.

"Something you maybe wanna share with the rest of us?" Dustin asked.

"I don't wanna waste your time, it's a real shot in the dark." Nancy replied to Dustin.

"Yeah, okay. Are you out of your mind? Flying solo with this Vecna creep on the loose?" Steve said. "No, it's too dangerous. You need...you need someone to.."

Y/N saw something going on there. The tension Steve had. Maybe there was something with him and Nancy? He sighed and walked up to Robin.

"Here, I'll stick with Nance, alright?" He said as he threw his car keys to Robin. "You guys take the car, go check out this shrink."

"I don't think you want me driving your car." Robin said.

"Why?" Steve asked her.

"I don't have a license." Robin replied.