Besties: Version 2

We're In Charge: Hicks & Lynch

Lynch: I heard about Alonso and Street.

Lynch: You owe me a bottle of scotch for that bet.

Hicks: I'm the one who needs the scotch.

Lynch: Dinner? Our usual?

Hicks: You're on!

Lynch: I still want my scotch. 

---

Hicks: Piper, I need you back.

Lynch: My assignment is strictly on the mayor's command, Robert. You know this.

Hicks: I have 3 new women on SWAT and not a single woman ranking higher than officer. They need you.

Lynch: Have you tried Alonso? Even as part-time? 

Hicks: I've tried her and Jessica Cortez. It was a hard no from both.

Lynch: So I was your third choice? How flattering.

Hicks: You'll always be my first choice; you're just the hardest to get!

Lynch: I'll speak with the mayor and ask around for any high-ranking women in LAPD looking for admin jobs. 

Hicks: I don't want high-ranking women. I want you.

Lynch: Then light something on fire. The mayor always sends me when things are affray.

---

Lynch: ROBERT! I didn't mean LITERALLY light something on fire!

Hicks: That was just faulty wiring in the kitchen, I swear!

Hicks: But can I have you back anyway?

Lynch: You are IMPOSSIBLE!

---

Hicks: Did you get Molly's wedding invitation?

Lynch: I did! That was very kind of her to invite me.

Hicks: Well her dad is paying for it so he got a few picks on who to invite.

Hicks: Are you going?

Lynch: I am! I put in my request for the day off today. I'll send my rsvp back in the mail tomorrow. Just have to get a stamp.

Hicks: Before you do that, I was hoping you'd be my plus-one? 

Lynch: Only if you'll be my plus-one for Chris and Street's. Somehow they suckered me into officiating the ceremony.

Hicks: I guess that can be arranged. I reluctantly accepted the invite. Alonso was a damn good officer and I owe her.

Hicks: I can't believe you're officiating that wedding.

Lynch: Something about Luca cries too much and Deacon has too many kids. They were going to ask you if I didn't accept so I took one for the team.

Lynch: Plus I look good in a pantsuit.

Hicks: I really owe you one now. Thanks for the save, Piper!

Lynch: Anytime. Do I need another day off for Molly's rehearsal dinner if I'm accompanying you?

Hicks: Preferably yes since it's in Boston.

Lynch: I'll put that one in tomorrow then!

Hicks: You know I could just grant those over text if you'd accept my offer...

Lynch: I'm thinking about it.

Hicks: That's more than you've ever given before me so I'll take it for tonight.

---

Lynch: I put my 2 weeks in...

Hicks: Your office is waiting, Lieutenant!

Lynch: This better not bite me in the ass, Robert.

Hicks: If this bites you in the ass, I will retire and you can have my job. I promise.

Hicks: Plus everyone here would be outraged if something happened to you. Especially those 3 women who need your leadership and representation.

Lynch: SWAT better have my back because city hall is pissed.

Lynch: The mayor is going to make it look like a transfer and that's what we need to portray it as to the media. I did blindside him with this. The least we can do is help with the press.

Hicks: Give me the script and I'll read it. Happily.

Lynch: You owe me another bottle of scotch, fyi.

Hicks: Already on your new desk. With 2 glasses.

-----

[6.13.2022]

This is 500 words of self-indulgent Piper Lynch crack. I am here for it. Amy has been posting a lot on Instagram the past few days so I had to write some Lynch. I know it's not likely we'll ever see her back at this point, but how do we feel about Hicks/Lynch as a pairing? Because the more I think about it, the more I love it. But I just love the besties, too. And y'all love to roast me over my unpopular pairings (*cough* Luca/Nora). Let me know in the comments! <3 -Sharna