Monster

The God of the Skies fell swiftly from the heavens; bright rays from his glimmering chariot clashing against the murky blackness. Like an eagle, he soared over the sight that lay below him—which could only be described as the battlefield of Tartarus. So much death. So much suffering.

Zeus' voltaic blue eyes scanned the ranks of the demigods, searching for the true "Child of Prophecy"—his daughter. The god had left the battle with Typhon to the other Olympians after receiving a prayer that Thalia Grace was battling with a rampaging Kronos. Thankfully, he could tell that the Monster King was nearing its limits prior to his leave.

His vision quickly landed on a group of Apollo's children and a few others, surrounding one demigod as they tended to her wounds. As fast as lightning, Zeus' armored boots struck the ground and dashed toward the demigods, his medium-length black hair flowing behind his eager trail.

"Daughter!" He called as he neared, desperately praying to any eavesdropping deity (even those he couldn't comprehend) had kept her safe in his stead.

The children of Apollo made room for Olympus' king as he stood above their crouching forms. Most of the group stared in awe at the sight of a god standing within touching distance.

A brown-haired boy cleared his throat before quickly bowing to the god, "Almighty Zeus, I am Connor Stoll, son of Hermes. Thalia here is out of harm's way, she's currently resting after drinking some nectar and having a bit of ambrosia."

Zeus exhaled a breath he didn't realize he was holding, a momentary sense of relief flushed over him. He looked into his daughter's face, silently promising that he wouldn't let her befall any more trouble from this world he forced her into.

The God of the Skies scanned the battlefield. Firstly, he found his eyes trapped in the purple flags that billowed in the city streets. Hundreds of monsters stood in a menacing organized fashion, yet, did not show any sign of hostility toward the demigod army.

It didn't make any sense whatsoever, why were the monsters not attacking, killing, and feasting upon the mortals? But, the better question that found itself to him, was what exactly was the wall of darkness that stood towering behind these strange monsters?

Zeus needed information. He turned his attention back to the group of demigods that stared at him silently, almost as if waiting for a command. The God of the Skies noticed one of them had gray eyes similar to one of his daughters.

He pointed at her, "You, you are a daughter of Athena?"

The girl nodded hesitantly, it was clear she was nervous. She had curly blonde hair, stormy gray eyes, and a deep tan that made her look like what the mortals called a "Stereotypical California girl".

"I'm Annabeth, daughter of Athena... my lord," she squeaked out quickly, no doubt because the god looked very intimidating in his current state—donned in deific celestial bronze garments and hoisting a fearsome shield.

Zeus clicked his tongue and focused his attention on her, "Would you explain exactly what has happened...?" He paused for a moment, "Please?"

The young girl, Annabeth, cleared her throat as she nodded, spinning a sharp dagger to bolster her nerves.

"Well, to briefly summarize, after Thalia and Kronos clashed, that large army over there," she pointed in the direction of the monster army, "appeared, and a. . . cloaked man wiped out Kronos' forces."

Zeus looked to the other demigods for confirmation.

The child of Hermes spoke up, "Yeah, yeah," He pointed his thumb over his shoulder at Annabeth, "He's a good guy right? I mean he did just save us all, I think," the boy finished.