Fall

Silence louder than a beast's mighty roar, the Throne Room fell still almost as if the Titan King had twisted the sands of his hourglass to a complete standstill.

Not a breath broke the trance-like state each deity performed. The air hummed an addicting soft tone, of which one not aware may fall into a deep slumber.

The choking aura of the God of Darkness nearly forced every God onto their knees from the overbearing weight.

Beaded sweat littered the foreheads of the Gods who betrayed the trust of their brother and mentor. It was not only the aura of death that weighed them down, it was regret that flattened both mind and body.

"Perseus I-", Dionysus began.

"You would do well to keep that forked tongue tucked down your throat," the God of Darkness spoke with vile drips.

Originally, Perseus had intended to speak of low peace. However, even the thought that the mighty Gods would bestow the greatest gift upon a dirty rat, shook something from within his gut.

Flashes of the past invaded his mind, his eyes pulsed as the fearful faces of his brother's and sister's became distorted grins within the illusion of his mind.

Those unforsaken memories of the ultimate betrayal pierced his entire being. He had endured so much pain, so much... because of them. Physical torture, mental torture...

Perseus looked around as his eyes met the Goddess of the Moon. The one who took her place. In his mind, Artemis' features slowly changed as her hair turned black, and her silver eyes glowed brighter.

Yes. Physical torture. Mental torture... Emotional torture.

A low growl was emitted from the immortal of darkness. The sight before him resulted in something within himself to snap.

His plan of peace was thrown out the window. He denied that the Gods who could throw their own brother into the pit; he denied that they could change.

Everything he saw, the camp, the mortals, the grass, the sun, the sea, the skies... all of it. He believed that all of it was a facade. All of it was fake. Fake to fool him.

Another plan to betray his trust.

He couldn't trust them. He couldn't trust them. He couldn't trust them.

Instead...

...

Instead of trusting them...

...

His eyes became wilder, his ichor ran hotter, his chest rose faster, and his mind twisted this way and that like the snap of a dead tree's branch.

...

Instead of trusting the ones who killed the benevolent Perseus...

...

What almost appeared to be black smoke rose from the enraged body—short licks of black flames—as dark purple orbs turned darker, and darker, and darker.

...

Instead of trusting the snakes that choked him.

...

Perseus' neck swirled to each seat of the Olympian Council. A look of grievous disgust darkened his perfect features. The corners of his lips twitched as he finished meeting the eyes of every God and Goddess.

...

Instead of trusting liars. Deceivers. Killers.

Instead of trusting them...