Discovery

Artemis walked up to Hades, asking for a minute with the God of the Underworld. The God was still shocked to a standstill, giving the impression that he knew whoever that. . . thing was.

Artemis had come to the conclusion that whoever the one named Perseus was, he was no mortal. It was impossible, and Hades clearly knew something she didn't.

Once Artemis and Hades had gotten a safe distance away from the hunters and demigods, Artemis turned around abruptly.

"Who was that deity?" Artemis questioned, albeit a little aggressively. At first, when Hades didn't answer Artemis got a little angry at her uncle.

She pushed his shoulder with too much force, sending the god onto his back. Artemis growled and stood over Hades, "Who. Was. That?" She asked, adding venom to each word.

Artemis' silver eyes glowed a harsh silver as she became frustrated. She snarled, unsheathing a dagger ready to threaten him but she finally took notice to Hades' slow tears falling down his face.

Artemis immediately sheathed her dagger. Hades rolled onto his knees, his face in his hands as tears fell down his face. Shocked. That was the only word that could describe how Artemis was feeling.

Her uncle. . . the coldest, most stubborn, and emotionless deity Artemis had ever known. . . was crying. It seemed like an illusion.

Artemis just couldn't get over it. Her eyes dulled as she got onto one knee to get down to his level.

Her hand rose as she hesitantly rested her hand on his shoulder. Artemis could feel the sadness radiating off him, yet she could also feel happiness bursting within too.

She started sending pulses of soothing energy into Hades, calming the God. Hades peered through his hands and looked Artemis in her eyes.

Artemis saw his eyes gleaming with happiness one second, yet in the next, his eyes were replaced with broken ones. Hades' head went down again, his hands covering his face as he tried to regain his composure.

Hades couldn't believe how weak he felt, especially in front of his own niece. But he couldn't help it, his older brother was alive.

At first, the first emotion that had hit Hades was; shock, then happiness, but then a whole world of pain. He couldn't believe his brother was alive, and well by the looks of it.

He gladly accepted the opportunity to be with his loving brother again, in fact, he was overjoyed that Percy was back. But that also meant another thing.

Percy had been suffering in Tartarus for over millennia. Most likely being tortured by the horrors of the Pit. How he managed to escape was a thought but it didn't really matter to Hades.

Artemis waited until Hades was fully calm to ask her question. "Who was that Uncle?" Artemis asked politely.

Hades looked up to meet her gaze, his mouth moved and even with her enhanced hearing she couldn't hear it. She motioned for Hades to say it again, louder this time.

"My brother," Hades whispered, his voice cracking.

Hades flashed away after that, presumably to his domain. Artemis still kneeled on one knee, shocked at the response.

'Hades' brother? But that would mean there was another Olympian. Why haven't I heard of him before?'

She kneeled there for a minute, gathering her thoughts. After a moment, Artemis walked back to her hunters, deciding she would ask the council on their thoughts of this. . . Perseus.

"Lady Artemis!" Phoebe shouted. "The two demigods are gone, they just disappeared into the shadows!" Zoë yelled as the other hunters followed up to meet the Goddess.