can we just talk about bern and lambda?

DO NOT READ IF YOU DIDN T DO UMINEKO OR NOT THAT FAR IN THE GAME I JUST WISH TO FANBOY A BIT

oops i'm starting to show my taste in waifu not good

Humhum sorry but i just want to fanboy a little about lambda and bern.

Honestly i sincerely have no idea what to think of them, the complexity behind those two are mind blowing.

For bernkastel, at the beginning she calls herself our ally and even go as far as saying she 's battler onee san when it comes to interaction with witches, she actually was an alright ally, giving power to battler and go pick ange to motivate him, and go find him back when he erased himself once. in episode 5 she was a pest but she still acted to help battler so she clearly was with him then the ??? happened and bern was outraged?

Why was she outraged at what happened? was it because it didn't end like she wanted with beato completely erased? was it because Battler left her side and joined the witch in the end?

Since that happened she became our worst nightmare even helping erika to trap battler inside a logical error yet in the end she joined lambda to guarentee a certain miracle to save Battler despite proposing a plan to enslave him forever.

Episode 7/8 is all because of featherine so i won't judge her for all she does in those

When it comes to lambda she was our ennemi since the beginning but somehow helped battler too, we learned that it was because she wanted him to fight forever but is it really the case? despite being called the cruelest witch she showed emotion and worry for both Battler and Ange, even going as far as making herself their guardian witch, though her cruelty shine when she helps bernkastel to trap Battler in episode 6 though it seems she didn't expect the trap to be a logical error as she suddenly try to make Battler rework si logic as to not be trapped, in the end her and bern wished for a certain miracle to save battler.

My take on them is that they search for fun sure but i think they legitimately wish to find true friends, i see their relationship with Battler as more of a test and mentor/ student they give him test and trials to overcome and next he is truly one of them once Battler passed all of their trial he would become an invaluable friends and they will have his back as e will have theirs too.

but i rarely ever saw such complex and ambiguous character in a story 
What about you what do you think about the both of them?