chapter 21

dylan had never slept so much in his life.

when he woke up at nine am in the morning after falling asleep at four pm the previous day, he was totally disoriented.

he wasn't fully convinced that his time with sandy hadn't been a dream.

but then he found himself in the comfortable bed with white silk sheets, sun shining through the glass balcony door, the sound of music coming softly from downstairs.

he went to the bathroom and brushed his teeth quickly, washing his face and splashing some water on his hair.

he slipped an oversized sweatshirt over his boxers and headed downstairs.

dani and sandy were in the kitchen, dani was dancing lightly to music coming out of a record player in the corner of the room.

sandy was standing hunched over the counter filling out some papers, laughing at dani's dancing.

the song changed as dylan entered, and he slid on his socks up behind dani which made her laugh.

he grabbed her hand and spun her, and they broke out into a little dance routine.

sandy watched in awe at their ease and comfort around one another, and their routine that looked like they'd practiced it before.

"is there anything you two can't do?" she asked in amazement.

dani laughed, dylan shrugged as they broke away from their dance.

"what are you doing?" dylan asked sandy, coming next to her to look at the papers.

"never you mind." she responded, whisking the papers away and leaving to put them in her office, "grab some breakfast, it's in the oven for you."

dylan gratefully took the warm plate and sat down next to dani at the table.

sandy came back from her office after a minute and sat down across from them.

"so, i was thinking we could go to rodeo drive today, maybe when you're done with breakfast, and do some shopping? unlimited budget, we need to get you guys everything from phones and laptops to bedroom decorations to freaking underwear!"

dani and dylan both felt redness on their faces, out of both shame at the amount of money sandy would be spending on them and embarrassment about the underwear comment.

dylan had finished his plate and took it to the dishwasher.

"let me just get changed and i'll be good to go."

sandy nodded.

"and i'm gonna take a super quick shower then change." dani said.

sandy nodded again, and both twins left the room.

sandy took the opportunity to call cate, who picked up the phone on one ring.

"goodmorning love"

"goodmorning catie."

"ugh, i miss you but not you calling me that."

sandy laughed.

"what are your plans for the day?"

"i'm taking the kids to rodeo for some shopping."

"that sounds like fun, i wish i could be there with you."

sandy smiled sadly at cates pouty voice.

"i know, soon enough maybe."

cate smiled at sandy's hint at making their relationship public.