chapter 28

the rest of the day was spent lazily around the house, sandy helped the kids order some more furniture and things for their rooms online.

cate made a delicious lunch for herself and the bullock family after returning from having the adoption papers processed.

she had also followed the twins on instagram, and posted a picture of the lunch she had put out with all of them reaching for food.

@cate_blanchett: lunch with my favs before we get started on work next week...

liked by @sandrabullockofficial, @mssarahcatherinepaulson, @jenniferanniston, @reesewitherspoonofficial, @dylan_b, @dani_b and 890,273 others

@sandrabullockofficial: 🥰🥰🥰

@mssarahcatherinepaulson: where was my invite??

@jenniferanniston: i didn't know you could cook??

@reesewitherspoonofficial: looks good😍

there were also a lot of comments questioning who cate was with, and some even speculating that she was with sandy just based on the jewelry on sandy's hand.

sandy had filled cate in on the idea of hosting a dinner, which she was enthusiastic about.

cate went as far as suggesting they use the party to announce their relationship, but sandy tabled the idea because she didn't want their relationship to complicate their work life on set.

cate wasn't upset, she completely understood where sandy was coming from, she was actually happy that sandy didn't reject the idea of making their relationship public all together.

everything seemed to be falling into place.

the kids were watching some tv on the couch after helping clean up the dishes from lunch, their new favorite show being umbrella academy on netflix.

sandy was sharing the love seat with cate, both of them on their laptops.

sandy was researching karting places in their area, and had found several good options.

one in particular, entitled "LA Raceway" was closer to them than the others at just half an hour from sandy's home, and had the highest reviews.

sandy went as far as to email the manager and arrange a visit for the kids for the next day.

she didn't want to overwhelm them, but they seemed to be settling nicely and it wouldn't hurt to have something for them to do routinely until they figured out the school situation.

cate was emailing back and forth with gary ross, her agent, and the press coordinator for the movie.

they had worked it out so cate would be attending the press tour for oceans eight, a fact cate was excited about since her relationship with andrew had hindered that in the past.