chapter 27

after signing the adoption papers, the kids and sandy posed for pictures at cates insistence.

upon looking back at the pictures, dani had to admit they looked good together.

all three of them had sandy's wavy brown hair, sharp jawline, sculpted eyebrows and natural tan, and their matching outfits were the cherry on top.

sandy was looking at the camera, arms around the two twins who came up to about her chest in height, dylan was looking up at sandy and dani looking at dylan, all three of them with sparkling smiles. it was definitely a picture perfect sight.

this picture sparked the question that would end up taking up the majority of their morning: can we post it online?

sandy spent the next two and a half hours of her saturday morning helping dylan and dani set up their iphones, laptops, and airpods.

they had both wanted black phones, but sandy insisted they chose two different colors to avoid confusion.

they flipped a coin, resulting in dylan getting the black phone, laptop, and airpods, and dani getting the same in a deep silver.

once the numerous devices had been set up, the original question was brought back to light.

what about social media?

dani and dylan were on the couch, taking in all the features of their new technology.

cate had offered to run the adoption papers to city hall along with sandys agent, to make sure they were processed as soon as possible.

sandy walked into the living room from the garage, having disposed of all of the boxes and wrapping the devices came in.

"alright you two, we have to talk about something."

both dani and dylan looked up quickly.

"don't worry, it's nothing bad." sandy tried to put their minds at ease.

dani and dylan turned to sandy, who sat on the table across from them, to give her their full attention.

"now that you guys have phones, i want to ask how you feel about social media. i'm assuming since you didn't have phones before that you didn't have instagram or anything like that, but if you want it, i don't want to stop you. i just want to know so we can go over a few things."

dani answered sandy with a question, "do you have social media?"

sandy nodded, "i have instagram but i never post on it."

"i think i'd like to have instagram." dylan speaks up.

"me too." dani agreed.

sandy took a deep breath, "all right then that moves us in to the slightly tougher questions, how do you feel about being announced to the public, like, as my kids?"

dylan hadn't expected sandy to want to do this so soon, but he was all for it.

"i would love it!" he exclaimed, "i mean, like, if that's something you want."

"yeah," dani started, "i guess i don't have a problem with it, but only if it's something you're comfortable with, it's okay if you're not, whatever you think is best."

sandy thought for a moment.

"i would love to announce you to the world, i want everyone to know what amazing kids i have!"

"awwww" dylan leaned in and hugged sandy, dani following his actions.

"there's a couple things we need to go over first though." sandy said as she pulled away from her kids.