chapter 43

ladies and gentlemen..... WE'RE BACKKKKKKKK

———————

sandy woke up on the morning of friday, september 20th with a smile plastered on her face.

she had two wonderful children peacefully sleeping in rooms down the hall from her, an amazing best friend sarah passed out in a guest room, and a wonderful girlfriend arriving later that day.

she had a job that she loved with a cast of incredible women, and the day off from said job.

she had an incredible support system in addition to cate sarah and the twins, all of whom would be arriving at 5pm. 

in T-minus 10 hours, jennifer anniston, her wife reece witherspoon and daughter gemma anniston, jason bateman and wife amanda anka, george clooney and suspected boyfriend matt damon, and will arnett would all be arriving at sandys home.

sandy started her day with a quick shower, followed by a quick skincare routine and the zoom-call-appropriate outfit that consisted of a black button up shirt with black boxer shorts.

she then went to the guest room with a bottle of water and some advil and a spare outfit, all of which she left on sarah's bedside table.

next she went downstairs where dylan and danielle were already awake, watching full house on the living room tv.

"if i didn't know you two better i'd think you were my age, the way you guys love 80's pop culture"

it was something sandy had picked up on as she got to know the twins- what fourteen year olds favorite things were bob dylan, the rolling stones, the princess bride, ghostbusters, and now full house? they were straight out of the 80s, if not the 60s.

dylan turned to face sandy with a sheepish look on his face, while dani answered without moving her eyes from the television.

"it's because of justin, our adoptive father. he was older, maybe 50 when he got us, and he had older parents too. that's why we kinda skipped a generation."

while part of sandy was saddened that the kids didn't take after her in that way, as if they had grown up with her they'd have all the characteristics of someone with young parents, she knew she couldn't be upset about how they were raised as it was her choice to give them up, and justin had clearly done a phenomenal job with them.

besides, sandy herself was shit with pop culture and news and was incredibly glad that because of the twins affinity for older things she was able to have common ground with them.

"where's aunt sarah?" dylan asked, having adapted the use of "aunt" promptly upon meeting sarah last night.

"she's still asleep, but i though that might be something you two could remedy" sandy replied with a devious smile.

dani and dylan just looked at eachother before bolting up the stairs.