chapter 32

back at the house, sandy was in the kitchen making dinner.

both dylan and dani were showering, and cate was at her apartment getting some stuff ready for filming tomorrow.

sandy was making food in mass quantities, so there would be enough to store for the week in case filming ran late and she needed an easy dinner.

upon further research of online school, both kids had been enrolled to start tomorrow.

zoom classes were from 9am to 12pm, with an additional two to three hours of work to be completed as homework for the next day.

karting practice would be from 5 to 7pm monday through friday, with races taking place on every other sunday.

sandy trusted them enough to leave them alone when she left for work at 8am, even though she hated the thought of not spending time with them, they had all mutually agreed this was the best schedule for everyone.

sandys long time driver and bodyguard, milo, would be earning a promotion as the kids driver to take them to the karting track each day, as well as being on call for them should they need anything if sandy and cate were in the middle of a scene and couldn't pick up the phone.

sandy would pick them up from the track on days that she got out early, but shooting generally stopped right at 7, so milo would be picking them up most days.

sandy hoped she could come home on her lunch breaks to see the kids during the day as the studio was close by, and when she finally introduced the kids to her friends, she could tell her coworkers as well and the kids could do their online school at the set if they wanted to.

as sandy chopped up ingredients for the salad, she decided to give jen a long overdue phone call.

jen unsurprisingly picked up on the first ring.

"it's about goddamn time you call me"

sandy let out a short laugh as she put the phone on speaker.

"you can call me you know"

"oh, i do know, and i have been, but you haven't been answering."

sandy stopped for a moment to pick the phone back up and check, and apparently jen had called her twice over the past two days.

"touché"

"so how many questions am i allowed to ask before you get mad at me?"

"you make me sound like such a bitch!"

"you are a bitch."

sandy rolled her eyes, "anyways, a lot has happened the past couple days."

"no shit," jen responded sarcastically, "how are the kiddos?"

"asking about their aunt jen." sandy laughed as she replied. "i'm thinking of hosting a dinner on friday to introduce them to everyone, are you reese and gemma available?"

"we are, who's everyone else?"

"cate, sarah and holland, george, matt, will, bateman and amanda...that's everyone right?"

"sounds like it."

"it's gonna be casual, i'll send out the invite tonight after dinner. oh! i forgot to tell you, they moved the start date up to tomorrow."

"tomorrow!?"

"i know!"

"what about the kids!?"

"they're gonna be doing online school here while i'm at work."

"that's a good decision i think."

"i'm glad you do think so, because it was a hard decision to make. both kids also really enjoy driving like race car karts, so i signed them up for a local team so they have practice almost every day, at least they'll be busy."