Chapter 49: The Town That Survived

The wind breathes into your face, a fresh and cold feeling spreading all over it and easing your light headache a little. You already took a paracetamol, which you thankfully carried with you in your bag, but as expected, the pain has not fully disappeared.

The air feels warmer than it actually should be and the dark clouds are slowly coming together, preparing themselves for legendary fight, which will result in many loud sounds and bright lights, accompanied by raindrops stroking the Earth's surface. And you, meanwhile, are waiting for Schlatt and Connor to arrive and take you with them to whatever else there is in the world. Hopefully they know that they shouldn't try anything funny, because you are prepared to shoot literally anyone through the head.

The sky starts sobbing, thanks to which your clothing too gets a little wet. When your glove also falls victim to the water from above, you can already feel the rash getting more and more irritable. Thankfully, an unfamiliar car approaches you as you're standing there and you quickly catch a sight of Connor and a stranger in the front. Schlatt is sitting behind them, in the middle of the chairs, waving once his eyes fall on you. There seems to be a pride radiating from him: although you have no idea where exactly it comes from. The car stops and Schlatt is the first one to get out of the car, a smirk on his face as he allows the rain to ruin his suit.

"Y/N! I'm so glad that you are going to join our team!" he exclaims drunkenly, throwing one arm around your shoulder. "Has somebody already told you that you look very fancy with that robotic arm?"

"No, but I appreciate the compliment," you say, aware of the fact that Schlatt has already seen your arm before, but you decide to shrug this off anyway. The man is obviously under the influence, so you're not going to try and make him angry. "So, where are we going?" You follow the unstable Schlatt to the backseat, where you sit down next to him. The man in your front seat turns around, holding his hand out for you to shake. Confusedly, you look at him for a moment. Schlatt chuckles.

"Oh right. Meet, Gogy!"

"George," George immediately corrects and Schlatt simply laughs, almost falling out of the car through the other door again.

"As I said, Gogy. He's going to be to you what Connor is to me."

"What are you to Schlatt, then?" George almost whispers to Connor, who's already driving away from the City.

"Schlatt and Y/N are the heart and soul of the City and the Deserts: the faces that lead them, the one who comes up with all the ideas, the main leader. We are more like the brains: the ones making sure it isn't a fucking mess, the ones translating it from gibberish mumbling to an actual plan on paper, the ones reminding them to take their medicine."

"So, we're like slaves?" George squeals and Connor sighs.

"No, George. We're co-dependent." Schlatt simply laughs at the word as you glance over at the man who almost looks like he's about to fall asleep. "You know, Y/N, when I'm dead, you're going to inherit almost everything I have. Isn't that exciting? I'm already looking forward to my death."

"Tubbo is not going to get anything?" you ask confusedly and Schlatt chuckles quietly.

"I've already given Tubbo everything he would have ever wanted. A home. He's officially taken over the DeMeter company." When you look at him confusedly, he continues. "Wilbur and Dream have been arrested today. And so has the Blood God, by the way."