7

Ummi's POV

When i was growing up my dad always told me, the most important thing in a man's life should be his family, I always adore my parent relationship, my dad is a very busy doctor but that didn't stop him from having time for us and spending time with us, I always pray for a perfect marriage like my parents.

It's been 2months since my wedding but i can honestly count how many times fu'ad spend with me, the only thing on his mind is work, it's quite upsetting sometimes, we haven't spend much time to even build a relationship, it's putting alot of weight on me, as always he promised to come home for dinner and it's past 12am,
I wander around the parlour in my baggy blue dotted pyjamas, I'm tired of watching television and fed up of reading books on perfect relationship on wattpad, I sigh and sit down on the couch with a heavy sigh as the door to the parlour open,
  I glance at him and just sit on the couch, I am soo disappointed, fu'ad repeated make same excuses everyday, I have patience but I'm not Jesus.

"Mimi,
I'm sorry wlh i got caught up with some paper works but i promise to be home early for dinner tomorrow."he say thesame sentence he repeat everyday.

"Your food is in the microwave."I say and stand up from the couch and head upstairs.

If there's anything i hate is disappointment, and it seems it's the only thing fu'ad is good at, I just want to spend at least even tho it's 20minutes with him everyday but that seems too much for him, I push my bedroom door open and lay on the bed with a sigh as the door open.

"Mims."he call walking inside the bedroom and drop his briefcase on the couch.
"I'm sorry,
I know i am not always at home with you but you have to understand that,
I need to be there to make sure everything work p...........

"Let's not talk about work fu'ad,
When last did we even spend Time together?
I know this isn't a love marriage but i thought we where trying to make things work?
Work, work, work that's all you do,
You don't have time for me, I just want 20minute of your day that's all i ask for,
You leave very early in the morning and come back late at night when i fall asleep, how nice is that?"
It's been two months  since our wedding and you haven't get a time off from work."I say really upset and he facepalm.

"I'm sorry,
I promise i will cancel all my schedule for tomorrow so we can spend time together."he say and shrug.

"Hopefully."I say because this isn't the first time fu'ad make such promises and ended up spending the day working on his laptop and making several conference calls.

"Ummi."he say with a smile and sit on the edge of the bed next to me.

" I'm not the best best husband, I know how patient you've been with me this past two month, matter of fact i ask myself how do i become so lucky to have a lady like you in my life."he say and i try my best not to smile but fail making him to chuckle as he grab my hands.

"See your chubby hands and cheeks."he say grabbing me by the cheek making me to chuckle.

A yawn escape his mouth and he sigh tiredly.

"I need to shower and eat."he say and i nod.

"A massage will be nice right?"I say and he smile.

"You are the world best wife."he say as he stand up.

I grab his office bag for him and we both exit the bedroom. There's nothing so special about our relationship, we are more like Friends than a couple, everything is a gradual step with fu'ad.

****************

The next morning ummi wakes up early and decide to prepare an early breakfast for fu'ad, as the time gradually past she wonder if fu'ad left for work, she saunter up the stairs and knock on his bedroom door pushing it all at once and she's not suprise to see him on the working desk in his bedroom doing whatsoever on his laptop.

"Good Morning."ummi greet with a smile gaining his attention.

"Morning to the most beautiful woman in the planet."he say making ummi to shake her head as she walk to the desk.

"Working again?
What happened to the " I promise i will cancel all my schedule for tomorrow so we can spend time together"ummi say trying to mimic his voice and fu'ad smile.

"I'm pretty sure i didn't sound that way, but i thought you are still sleeping."he say and stand up from the chair staring at ummi's baggy pyjamas that makes him chuckle making her to frown.

"What?"she say confused and he shake his head.

Ummi always amaze him, he know for sure she's having a real very high insecurities about how she looks, she keeps saying she's fat and doesn't look beautiful, when in reality she's just chubby and the most beautiful lady in his own eyes.

"I love your pyjamas."fu'ad say and ummi from as they exit the bedroom.

"Sure you do."she say sarcastically as fu'ad garb her by the hand and turn her to face him.

"Mims.
You are beautiful, you don't have to be insecure about whatever i don't know, I love how chubby you are, your soft cheeks and this precious fingers of yours that reminds me of babies,
Your big eyes and even do you keep complaining about how small your nose is, i love it because it reminds me of people of Thailand."fu'ad say and ummi gasp exasperate.

"Seriously is that even a compliment."she say playfully swatting him as she turn to leave but mistakenly stagger on her steps and fu'ad quickly grab her by the hand, somehow they both crumble on the floor as the parlour door entrance.

"Nice morning yoga."firdaus say taking a few selfies as fu'ad stand up and lift ummi up.

"What's with the early morning visit?"fu'ad say grabbing ummi by the waist as they walk to the parlour.

"It's not only me ofcrse, suprise , suprise."firdaus say as Kabir and another unfamiliar young man enters the parlour.

"Jalal?"fu'ad say with a smile and let go ummi's waist, he grab the guy hand and they exchange one of those brotherly hug before turning to ummi.

"Mims this is jalal my cousin,
Jalal this is jadwa my beautiful wife."fu'ad say as ummi stare at the young man.

Jalal was the man she sketched years ago, he was the man she saw at the mall parking space, she smile weakly at him with a slight uncomfortable wave that makes him smile.

"Hi."jalal say staring at ummi, there's something about her that captivate his attention, maybe is the way she's staring at him with those bug froggy eyes that send goosebumps around his body or perhaps the way she bashful cover her face that makes him curious.

"How long are you staying?"fu'ad ask and jalal shrug.

"Few months i guess,
Kabir drop my things at the BQ."jalal say and fu'ad Furrow his brow.

"The BQ?
Come on, we have two guest rooms here, you can stay in the main building........

"Nah is fine,
You are married now and I'm pretty sure your wife wouldn't want that.......

"No,
You can stay in the guest room if you want to."ummi say reassuringly and jalal shrug.

"But I'm fine in the BQ,
You didn't go to work today?"jalal ask suprise since it's Tuesday morning.

"A man gat to take a day off to spend time with his wife."fu'ad say grabbing ummi by the hand and jalal glance at the two with a nod.

"What did you do to him ummi?"jalal say playfully and ummi chuckle.

"This food taste amazing,
Glad i didn't eat breakfast,
Aunty ummi, I'm staying over for a week please ya don't say no."Kabir say and ummi smile.

"You are welcome to stay as long as you want."ummi say as they both walk to the dinning table.

"You are not welcome,
Beside you are going to that business  conference in Lagos tomorrow."fu'ad say and his brother snort.

"Boring."Kabir say as ummi quietly dish the food as she find herself glancing at jalal once in a while, she can't believe is him,such a small world, she thought.