12

"He's fine mummy,
Mun dawo gida yau da safe.
How's abbbah?"the familiar voice from the kitchen makes him twitch his eyes as he walk down the staircase.

"He's fine.
Mummy ki baiwa ya abbah yajin ya kawo mun."ummi voice echo around the kitchen as the shuffling from the kitchen door gain her attention making her to turn.

"Okay,
Please mummy this evening,
I want to use it now.
Bye." Ummi say and end the call dropping her phone on the kitchen island and look up at fu'ad who's opening one of the kitchen cabinet and grab a mug.

"Good evening."ummi greet staring at fu'ad who grumble incoherently to himself.

"Do you want me to cook something for you?
I.....

"I just want you to shut up,
Look, ummi right?
Or whatever your name is i understand that i married you when i was blind or having some mental problem, I just want you to understand that you are not my spec,
You are beautiful in your own way but this excess fat or whatever,
Chubby girls aren't my thing."fu'ad say which rather sound rude to ummi and she just stare at him for a while and shake her head.

"Fu'ad you know what?
I don't care, this is who i am and i can't change because of you,
You where ok with how i look,
You are just been a complete jerk right now,
You have a memory loss not a behaviour disorder,
This isn't who you are a............

"Ohh really?
How long do you know me?
5months, a year?
You don't know me, if i was nice to you before this then.......
Maybe it's because i was stupid,
I am not nice to people i don't like, get it, how did i even end up with someone like you,
Of all the ladies in this world ,
Then i choose you?
It doesn't sound like fu'ad."he say and ummi just stare at him for a while and shake her head.

"Do you want to eat?"she ask grabbing the plantain from the kitchen island and angrily cut the edge with the knife.

"You can as well do a favor and don't throw your frustration on the beautiful plantain."he say and ummi glance at him but didn't comment.

"Are you eating?"she ask and he shrug.

"Why not?
This is my house and obviously i will eat whatever i want especially now that i have an unknown wife i don't know about."he say grabbing the stool and sit before neatly placing his hands on the kitchen island.

Ummi shake her head and quietly continue cutting the plantain, this is not her fu'ad, her husband was a very nice man this is a complete opposite of him and she hope soon all this end because she honestly don't know if she can cope with this eccentric fu'ad.

********************
Ummi's POV

The next 40minutes in the kitchen is the most upsetting moment of life since i got married, fu'ad keeps criticizing whatever i do, from how i cut the plantain, to how i handle the kitchen utensils, i have alot of patience in me so i just literally block his voice and try to think of the good times we spend together.

"Why is there too much pepper in the sauce?"fu'ad bark as he bite on the plantain with a very disgusting look on his face.

"It's a pepper sauce so it's supposed to be pepperish."I say and he didn't comment rather continue eating making me to shake my head as i dish my own food.

"You will need a culinary class because i can't continue eating this type of food."he say and i give him a look of confusion.

"Fu'ad we always eat this together and you love it."I say and he snort, the doorbell ring and i stand up.

"It's probably my brother."I say standing up with a sigh and exit the kitchen.

I saunter to the door with a tiring sigh quickly unlocking it.

"You go pay me,
Mummy just keep disturbing my life because of this your yaji."my brother say as i open the door widely with a smile.

"Ya abbbah,
You have not visit since i got married."I say and he walk to the parlour.

"Wetin man go do,
I dey make money,
This marriage thing i also want to experience it."he say and I laugh collecting the white nylon from him opening it with a smile as i sit next to him.

"Kilishi?"I say removing the neatly wrapped item sniffing it.

"I bought it on my way coming as the caring twin brother."he say and i laugh.

"What should i serve you?
I fried plantain with pepper sauce."I say and he shake his head.

"I'm going out with my girlfriend,
How's your husband doing?"he ask and i stand up.

"He's fine,
Let me call him he's in the kitchen."I say and stand up.i head to the kitchen and I'm suprise to see him eating my own plantain.

"Uhmmmmm fu'ad.
My brother is here to greet you."I say and he give me a weird look before noding.

"Ina zuwa,
Ko a gidanku in mutum na chin abinci bari yakeyi."he say and I shake my head before leaving the kitchen.

"Ummi,
I have to go I'm in a hurry,
My regards to him."my brother say putting his phone in his pocket.

"Okay.
Thank you.
My regards to mummy."I say following him to the door and he smile grabbing my hand.

"Be patience "kinji"
I love you."he say and hug me Maki me to smile.

"Bye."I say waving at him as i stand by the door watching him heading to the garage to the familiar black G-waggon, I wait until he climb the car and drive out of the compound before i head back inside.

"Fu'ad,
Why are you eating this,
Haba Dan Allah i didn't eat this thing and I'm hungry."i say upset looking at the empty plate and empty sieve.

"Then make another one for yourself, beside you don't need too much calories."he say and I shake my head opening the fridge.

I grab the small Greek yoghurt remaining and leave the kitchen to drink the remaining yoghurt with the kilishi.