28

"ummi at the end of the day you will have to give life another chance,
What happened between you and fu'ad it's unfortunate but you can't continue like this,
How old are you?
You need to get married again eventually,
Sometimes life doesn't give us what we want but the sooner we learn to accept the ne difference the better,
What's wrong if you marry jalal,
Atleast he care about you and the kids,
You couldn't ask for a better fatherly figure in there life."Farhana say as ummi just listen to the long advice her mum has been ranting about for the past one hour.

"Mummy i need more time."she say and her mum shake her head.

"More time to do what?
To think?
Think about ummi?
Fu'ad wedding date had been fixed he's also trying to move on,
You two have to learn to accept the reality,
You need to..... .

"I've heard mummy ,
I know fu'ad and i will never be together until i remarry."ummi say curtly and her mum shake her head.

"Glad you know that,
The sooner you make the decision the better for you,
Fu'ad is downstairs."her mum say and stand up from the edge of the bed where she's sitting.

Ummi watch as her mum exit the bedroom before she releases a heavy breathe of exhaustion, she believes no one will understand the situation she's in, she hate the fact that this is happening to her, how can she get a taste of happiness only for it to be snatch away from her, she grab the black veil from the bed and exit the bedroom.

***************
Fu'ad pov
My parents fixed my wedding date without my concert, it's not even up to a year since ummi and i got separated but my parents think it's necessary especially now that i have children i honestly don't know how getting married is related to any of this, I'm nervous and scared of commitment especially with an eccentric girl with a weird personality like Raziqah, I haven't tell ummi yet i believe she won't find out anytime soon since she isn't a fan of social media, I'm trapped between accepting reality and facing the consequences of my decisions.

"Sallamu'alaikum."the familiar voice say and i look up with a smile.

"Where are my babies?" I ask and from the way ummi look I'm sure she's not in the mood for any of my silly unfunny jokes, she sit on the couch next to mine and I sigh.

"Um

"So wedding has been fixed?"she ask and i look up at her.

"Mims that's why I'm here to tell you,
My parents wh.........

"I don't want to speak about any of this fu'ad, had it been you weren't too irrational we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place, 
Just so you know, my kids are not going to stay with a step mum because I know there isn't anything excited about living with someone that isn't your mum, I'm also getting married and I'm going with my kids."she say and i release a tiring breathe.

I had a very long day at office so thus type of argument isn't one am looking forward to especially with ummi,
Ummi might be quiet and look very calm but regardless you can't win an argument with her, she do twist everything and by the end of the conversation you will find yourself wondering if you were right or wrong .

"It's fine ummi,
In as much they are still my children and i will still be a part of there life then I'm okay with it."I say and the place fall silent.

It's as if we are both trying to mull the reality of all of this,sometimes i wish all this is a dream and that i will wake up soon, I scratch my head and look up at ummi.

"Have you fixed ba wedding date?"ummi ask interrupting my thoughts and i nod.

"2months time."I say with a long pause.
"Mims I'm sorry for putting us in this situation, I..........