46

We may have come to terms with a lot of things, because, when all's said and done, there's really very little one can do about a lot of things. You just accept them. The point is you just have to keep on working and you just have to keep on living, because
all roads lead to the same end. So it's not so much which road you take, as how you take it, because at the end of the run you will eventually be at your destination, the only change that will make a difference is the transformation of the human heart.
Ultimately in the long run all ummi could do is watch her parent beautiful perfect marriage crumble down right before her eyes yet there's nothing she can do about that, today is no difference her mum once again snapped at the not so innocent man, she do go about ranting about how bad of a husband material he is and how his infidelity is what breaks the family apart, a couple of weeks ago someone reported to have seen Aabbah in Liechtenstein, his dad fly all the way there but nothing significant comes up, it was a dead end which ones again  makes his wife to erupt like a volcano of bitter words.
Somehow a midst all this rollercoaster of chord of agony ummi manage to pull herself up and continue living, she start working and try to put a smile on her face, like any other day, she finished from the hospital and bumped into kareem at the elevator, it's been 2 weeks since the outburst between him and his brother and she hasn't seen him since then.

"i love Rabi'a and as bad as i want to obey ya this is my decision to make, who i want to spend the rest of my life with shouldn't be his concern."kareem say veridical as he shrug.

"But don't you think he knows better, he might have his reason, they say what an elder see while sitting........

"A boy won't see while standing."kareem end the proverb for ummi who smile.
"But unfortunately that was then,
Now
What an elder see while standing a boy will see it sitting down using his drone camera,
I love Rabi alot aunty ummi and the feeling is mutual,
What her cousin did with firdaus i have no idea and it hurt me to but it won't change how i feel about her."he say and ummi nod in understanding with a sigh as she look at her wrist watch.

"So what are you doing here?"ummi ask glancing at littke Amir who's now asleep in his car seat.

"firdaus fiancee work here,
Ya fu,ad send me to him."kareem say and ummi release a heavy breathe.

Apparently firdaus is under a house arrest, fu,ad has the pregnancy terminated and got her engaged to a family friend the wedding is in 3weeks which no one is looking forward to except for fu,ad, a decision he made without anyone concert that had firdaus crying for 3 consecutive days.

"Is there anything i can help with?
For the wedding?"ummi ask and fu,ad shrug.

"Nothing absolutely,
The wedding will hold just the nikah during fajr prayer and that's it."kareem say and ummi release a heavy breathe with a nod.

"What about firdaus?
How's she holding up?"ummi ask kareem shake his head.

"Terrible i guess but she will be fine,
Dawood is a nice guy,
Aunty ummi let me get going,
i have work."he explain removing his ringing phone from his pocket and silence the phone before putting it back in his pocket.

The two chatted for a while before going there seperate ways.

***************************
Ummii

When i spot the Audi q7 suv in the front porch i know my mum is at it again, for the past 2 weeks she's been so callous to my dad that some days i will breakdown, she wll go on amd on ranting a poignant reminder to my dad about what had happened in the past, i come down from the car and pick my sleeping son from his seat making his eyes to snapped open and i drop him on the ground not really having the strength to carry him, he immediately climb the children bicycle and i wave at the security man to keep an eye on him while i head inside the main building.