17

For the next two days, ummi and fu'ad haven't exchange a word with each other, fu'ad try his best to burry himself as much as he can with work as ummi struggle with the morning sickness which is brutally giving her a rough day, today she wake up alot  stronger than usual, she decide to have a decent breakfast for herself, she wish she can cook it with fu'ad but he denied her of making anything for him, as she come down from the staircase she's suprise to hear voice s coming from the kitchen making her to Furrow her brow in confusion.

"I got back this early morning
Around 3am, I bought this for ummi,
I think she might like it,
Right."the familiar voice say as she come across the mosaic paved floor that lead to the kitchen.

"Sallamu'alaikum."she say entering the kitchen interrupting the two men as jalal turn with a smile.

"Aunty ummi."he say with a smile as ummi glance at fu'ad who's gaze is fixed on the half eaten plate of plantain.

"Good morning jalal,
How was your journey
"Tafiya babu sallama"
It was firdaus that was telling me you went to Mauritius."ummi say sitting on the empty stool next to fu'ad.

"Yeah,
Sorry,
Wanted coming when firdaus told me about your husband accident but i was a little occupied with work,
Congratulations, firdaus told me you two are expecting."jalal say and the excitement on his face makes ummi smile weakly at him as she glance at fu'ad, who jump down from the stool.

"Fu'ad."ummi call gaining his attention and he give her a brief look.
"Good morning....
Well, i was thinking you do go with me to the hospital,
It's my first doc..........

"I'm busy ummi,
Jalal is here, he can go with you I'm sure he won't mind."fu'ad say curtly and ummi press her lips into a thin smile.

"But fu'a........

"I said I'm busy ummi,
This isn't going to be your last appointment is it?
I have work to do, just because you see me this early morning doesn't mean I'm free to start going around with you to the hospital."fu'ad say trying to speak quietly, giving ummi a distain look.

Jalal continue to sit awkwardly in his stool, he stroked the bridge of his nose and watch ummi with soo much concern.

Fu'ad exit the kitchen answering his ringing phone leaving the two in the awkward quiet kitchen, once the parlour door sound a sign fu'ad leave ummi come down from her stool, all her appetite gone and the need to go back to the bedroom to continue wallowing alone in her problems is all she wants to do.

"Uhmmmmm
I got you this."jalal say pushing the silver back that's on the kitchen island to ummi's front.

Ummi glance at the fancy looking shopping bag and grab it with a sigh,
She sit back on the stool and facepalm as jalal give her a worried look.

"Thank you."she say without a care and drop the bag on the floor.

"Are you still going to the hospital?
I am free and....well always ready to go."jalal say trying to lighten up the mood as ummi give him a brief look before turning her gaze back to her hands that are placed on the kitchen island.

"You don't have to go with m........

"I want to go with you ummi,
Come on,
Go get ready it's past 8am ,
I will make breakfast for you if you want, fu'ad is just having a rough day don't take his infantile behavior to heart."jalal say even do he knows it's none of his concern to meddle into couples life but he knows very well it's very wrong of his cousin to speak to his wife the way he did.

"Thank you."ummi say and jump down again from the stool, she grab the bag from the floor and exit the kitchen as jalal give her a certain look really intrigue by how she always behave.

*******************
Ummi's pov

I still find it odd sometimes to believe that jalal was actually the mysterious guy i met at the mall years ago, it's rather very odd that i no longer have even the slightest feeling for him, life can be full of surprises sometimes, I shrug off the bathrobe and grab my lotion from the mirror stand with a sigh, I glance at my reflection with a sigh, I Missed my husband not this mean fu'ad but the fu'ad that got married to me without even knowing what i look like, I have a very dry ,hard skin which makes it necessary for me to spend my time rubbing the lotion once I'm done i put on my underwear that i already kept on the bed, I saunter to the closet and look with a sigh, what can i wear?

I grab the black line stretch and put it on before adding the black singlet, I grab one of the abaya with a sigh and head back to the bedroom as my eyes settle on the bag jalal gave me, I grab remove the black object inside revealing a beautiful abaya i saw online 2days ago, i wanted it but i thought there are better things to do with money than purchasing a single abaya of 200dollars.

I decide to put it on that way jalal will know i appreciate his gift, I put on the abaya and walk to the mirror making a smile to appear on my lips, I grab the veil and roll it on my head before grabbing the black flat shoes and put it on, I grab my phone and exit the bedroom my mood alot more better than before.

****************

Kitchen has always been a place he love, growing up as an only child and having to spend most of his time with his mum because his dad is a usual workalcoholic like any other "bindawa's" jalal find himself more interested in doing something different than sitting in office to managed his family business, dropping the bowl of noodles on the kitchen island he add the fried plantain and scramble egg on it with a sigh as he hear the familiar voice walking towards the kitchen.

"I will stop by and collect it,
I'm late for my doctor appointment now."ummi say walking inside the kitchen and glance at the tasteful, delicious looking noodles that got her stomach growling at once.

"Toh bye bye.'she say quickly ending the call and gulp down her saliva.

"Is this mine?"ummi ask and jalal nod with a smile, chuckling at her excitement.

"God,
This look fantastic,
Help me with the fork."she say and jalal grab one of the fork and hand it to her.

He watch with a smile as she quickly sit on the stool, with a trembling hand and soo much excitement she dig the fork into the bowl making jalal to chuckle and open the fridge with a sigh, he grab the chill water and drop it next to ummi who now have her mouth full with the noodles, as she compliment jalal on the food.

Jalal just stare with a smile, ummi reminds him of someone, someone he was so close to having but wasn't lucky enough to claim her, he push the painful nostalgic thought and continue cleaning up the kitchen as ummi eat her food..