Ch 24. Deadlocked

Today is the day IT HAPPENS.

Today is the day THE MADNESS builds to.

The Icon is HUNGRY.

It's heart THROBS and demands CLEANSING.

The Icon is also THIRSTY.

And soon, it will FEAST.

Letting out a roar that travels through the entire planet, an endless swarm of demons under its command materialize everywhere

Letting out a roar that travels through the entire planet, an endless swarm of demons under its command materialize everywhere. Every demon hell has to offer began to swarm into a massive army. This was only the beginning of earth's last stand. It starts to wander around the ruins of every city it stumbles, not even caring about anything that would even try to stop it. The Icon of Sin starts to shake the earth as it destroys anything in its way, intentional or not. It doesn't have all day to wait for another titan to meet. As it was written, two titans meet. But when will the time come to be? How long will it take before they eventually clash into each other? Will they ever even meet? Who knows, all that's going on is hell's last ditch effort to eradicate humanity.

Nui: 0_0 THAT THING IS OUT OF CONTROL!!!

Samuel: This is way worse than I have imagined....

Vega: I am trying to teleport the slayer back but nothing is working.

Samuel: How are the others doing?

They see the maledict flying through the air, shooting fireballs from its mouth on Ryuko and Satsuki's team while they attempt to ground the aerial demon.

Nui: Not good enough.

Samuel: Come on slayer, what's taking you so long?

Intern: Guess we better slow the titan down as much as we can until the marine arrives.

Samuel: Gather all the remaining civilians to the nearest underground bunker! And get every single trooper available to hold off the Icon of Sin! The longer it remains on earth, the stronger it'll become!

Nui: You already said that the first time!

Samuel: I know, but nobody's taking me seriously!

Soon enough, the ARC broadcast began to send an emergency announcement.

ARC broadcaster: THIS IS AN ARC RESISTANCE BROADCAST. THERE APPEARS TO BE A GIANT TITAN KNOWN AS THE ICON OF SIN WHO IS SEEN JUST NOW AND IS ON THE LOOSE. ALL SURVIVING RESIDENTS MUST SEEK SHELTER TO THE NEAREST BUNKER UNTIL FUTHER NOTICE. WE WILL GIVE FUTHER INSTRUCTIONS LATER ON WHILE THE ARC RESISTANCE TRIES TO CONTAIN THE BEAST. DO NOT TRY TO GO OUTSIDE UNTIL FUTHER NOTICE.

Every available ARC resistance force (and Nudist Beach) was sent in to slow the Icon's onslaught in the hopes to buy themselves time. But all they're doing is slowing the inevitable down at best.