Chapter 11

Content warning: car crash ig-

Adam's P.O.V:

So I was right, the day after, some nurses came in the morning to help me walk again. I thought it was going to be easy because it was...I mean..It's walking right? Simple as that.

When they started to lift me up from my bed I stumbled. After a few more attempts, I was able to stand without help. They gave me some weird looking thing with wheels to help me actually walk.

I got the hang of it really fast. Not one of my best accomplishments but still was worth the notice. Now I had something else to do to keep me entertained, I could walk in circles and get myself dizzy, I could even stretch.... Nah, I'm too lazy for that.

I'll just sleep for now.

Jonah's P.O.V:

Maybe I shouldn't give them the bag. What if he gets the wrong idea. Or what if he does, I won't have to say anything straight up...but what if they don't even- get yourself together Jonah. Adam will probably see it just as a friendly gesture. Just a friendly gesture.

My face is getting hot. I was driving my car to the hospital, it was such a long drive. But it was worth it to be there with Adam.

I then looked down to turn my A.C up more, the exact moment I looked up I saw a deer right in front of me. It seemed to just appear out of nowhere. I slammed my brakes as hard as I could but in just pure panic I did the one thing I wasn't supposed to do.

I turned my steering wheel to avoid the deer and swerve past it. I ended up missing the deer and only swerved off road a bit. Once the car made a complete stop I tried to spot the deer to see if it was okay. But, it vanished. It was like it was just a hallucination, and it wasn't like it ran off into any trees nearby because it was just a plain area for a good mile or two.

I noticed how fast and shaky my breathing was, I tried to calm down and collect myself. I wasn't hurt or not that I knew of, just shaken.

I should still try to make it to the hospital since I was more than halfway there. I ended up driving with the radio on to distract me from going into deep thoughts. I wish Adam was with me, they would have helped me not feel so stressed right now.