Chapter 4

Content warning: use of guns, and a cliffhanger :O

"A̴d̴a̴m̴." "A̴d̴a̴m̴ p̴l̴e̴a̴s̴e̴ w̴a̴k̴e̴ u̴p̴. I̴t̴s̴ m̴e̴. J̴o̴n̴a̴h̴."

"What-" Adam said as he opened his eyes tiredly. He sat up rubbing his eyes before looking around.

"A̴d̴a̴m̴, i̴t̴s̴ J̴o̴n̴a̴h̴. F̴o̴l̴l̴o̴w̴ m̴y̴ v̴o̴i̴c̴e̴. I̴ w̴a̴s̴ s̴o̴ w̴o̴r̴r̴i̴e̴d̴ I̴ j̴u̴s̴t̴ h̴a̴d̴ t̴o̴ c̴o̴m̴e̴ b̴a̴c̴k̴." "I̴ j̴u̴s̴t̴ c̴a̴n̴'t̴ l̴i̴v̴e̴ w̴i̴t̴h̴o̴u̴t̴ y̴o̴u̴ A̴d̴a̴m̴. I̴ n̴e̴e̴d̴ y̴o̴u̴ A̴d̴a̴m̴. F̴o̴l̴l̴o̴w̴ m̴y̴ v̴o̴i̴c̴e̴ s̴o̴ w̴e̴ c̴a̴n̴ l̴e̴a̴v̴e̴ t̴h̴i̴s̴ h̴o̴r̴r̴i̴b̴l̴e̴ p̴l̴a̴c̴e̴ t̴o̴g̴e̴t̴h̴e̴r̴, w̴e̴ c̴a̴n̴ g̴o̴ o̴u̴t̴ f̴o̴r̴ p̴i̴z̴z̴a̴. J̴u̴s̴t̴ u̴s̴ t̴w̴o̴." The voice said in a soft yet monotone voice that sounded very much like Jonah.

Adam, as much as he wished it was him, knew something was off. Adam couldn't see Jonah anywhere and he knew Jonah would have run up to him giving him a warm hug while sobbing hysterically.

Adam knew that whoever or whatever was speaking to him at that very moment, it definitely wasn't Jonah.

"J-Jonah?" Adam said, playing along with this act in hopes he could find a way to escape.

"A̴d̴a̴m̴! H̴u̴r̴r̴y̴, w̴e̴ m̴u̴s̴t̴ l̴e̴a̴v̴e̴ b̴e̴f̴o̴r̴e̴ a̴n̴y̴ o̴f̴ t̴h̴o̴s̴e̴....C̴r̴e̴a̴t̴u̴r̴e̴s̴ f̴i̴n̴d̴s̴ u̴s̴." The voice tried to exclaime with some sort of emotion but failed so obviously. That wasn't what made Adam feel a shiver down his spine. It was the fact that the voice seemed to be......just......right............behind him.

____________________________________

Jonah finally made it to the house where they were called to lead some random lady's cat's soul to heaven or something of that sort. Jonah slammed the brakes as hard as he could then immediately put it in park, grabbing a pistol from under his seat, then jumped out of the car. Jonah then kicked the front door open and ran around the house checking every door. He came across the only door that was locked.

Jonah knew this is exactly where Adam must be. He struggled to get the door open. He kicked the door and even slammed his body against it a couple of times but it didn't budge.

Jonah then held the pistol up, pointing it at the door knob then shooting. The knob fell off into pieces, Jonah in one swift move slammed against the door one more time. The door then fell off in a crooked way.

Jonah rushed down the stairs, his pistol gripped tightly. Once Jonah reached the bottom, he scanned across the room in hopes of finding a terrified yet unharmed Adam waiting for him. However, what Jonah saw. Was much worse than he could have imagined.