34. YOU CAN'T OUTSMART US !

Author's POV

" M-mr. Jeon ! The file is m-missing ! " His secretary stuttered which made his eyes widen.

" What ? How can it go missing all of a sudden, Mr. Oh ? Did you check properly ? "

" Y-yes, Mr. Jeon ! I have checked thoroughly ! Morning when you gave me your bag, I kept it on my place. Everything is there except the f-file, Mr. Jeon ! " His secretary stuttered which made his eyes go wide. He ordered to check each and every place and he started checking his office too.

After checking almost every possible place for the past twenty minutes, Jungkook sat on the couch with hands on his head and heaved a long sigh.
" Hyung ! Maybe you should check in your house ! The meeting will begin in one and half hours ! We should find the file soon. " Beomgyu suggested.

Inclining to the advice,
" Yeah ! Maybe I forgot to keep it in the bag. " Jungkook quickly rushed to the door.

He rushed out his door, even ignoring the person who was about to knock but moved away when he jogged out. I looked at Jungkook with a frown before going to see my boyfriend.
" What happened ? Why do everyone seem nervous ? And why is brother-in-law rushing out like that ? Is there any problem ? " I questioned Beomgyu while he threw a boring look at me.

" As if, you don't know ! Tell me, who took the file ? " He answered and questioned making me smile sheepishly.

" Why is it taken by someone ? Maybe you guys lost it due to carelessness."

" Come on, Dolly. Hyung is not that type of carelessness person. I am definitely sure someone had took it, pre-planned. Tell me who is it ? "

" You know that I can't tell you things like this ! You also know the consequences if I do ! "

" Give me a hint like usual !! "

I was thinking of a hint to let my baby bear know who the culprit is.

Meanwhile, Jungkook quickly went to their condo as it was just a five minute drive. Y/n was surprised to see him but became worried when she acknowledged the reason.
" That is the main presentation file. I can't lose that ! This deal is really important for our company ! And this is a golden opportunity for us. It should not go in vain like this." Jungkook was ranting out to his wife while searching through the closet.

" Don't worry, Jungkook ! It'll be somewhere here. We'll find it soon. I'll go check in the other places." Y/n tried to assure him before going to search for the file in the other places.

In about fifteen minutes, their bedroom became mess whereas Jungkook still didn't find the file. He sighed not knowing what to do, when Y/n entered. He looked at her hopefully but sighed again when he noticed her empty hands.

Jungkook sat on the bed while running a hand through his hair in frustration and sighed for nth time. With his elbows resting his thighs and palms covering his face, he tried to recall what ever happened in the past 24 hours and what possibly could've happened. He clearly kept the file inside his bag before heading off to the office. There is no way it went missing in the middle.

-

" Wait ! Why does that man sweating like that from the moment he appeared here ? Doesn't he seem to be nervous ? " I questioned Jimin and Beomgyu making them look at me and at the man I pointed. Jimin came to Jungkook's office to talk about their business but ended up searching for the file with me and Beomgyu. They both looked at the man who was standing near his table as his peers searched for the file in their places whereas beads of sweat never stopped forming on his forehead.

" Everybody are nervous since it is an important meeting for the Jeon enterprises. You can't doubt someone like that !! " Jimin reasoned but Beomgyu, who got my point, slowly made way towards his direction.