48. HARASSED

Author's POV

But something caught her eyes making her look up at him,
" You're lying ? "

He felt a sudden gush in his stomach when she asked such a question. But he had to cover up quickly.
" No.. why would I lie to you about something like this ? "

" I clearly remember telling you about the truck driver. And just then oppa came in to give me my bag and said I got many calls. He also said Jimin oppa called you and you left. See my bag is also here ! " she said everything that she remembered while pointing at her hand bag.

He gulped not knowing how to cover up,
" Y-yeah ! B-but I didn't leave... Since y-you said that you didn't want to part from me for even a moment..... I didn't go to see Jimin hyung. You fell asleep while hugging me....... And after you slept I made you lay down comfortably on the bed..... Only then I went to meet Jimin hyung. " he somehow made it up.

She frowned at his excuse while again thinking hard to remember if it was a dream or real.

" Y/n, don't think too much. Don't you believe me ? "

" No, no. It's not like that, Jungkook. "

" It was just a dream. Forget it. We are safe ! "

' your husband is alive but not safe. He'll be safe only if you divorce him. ' these words echoed in her mind. That really did feel too real to be a dream.

" But why do you have my mobile ? "

" You got a commercial call. After checking it I forgot to keep your mobile in your bag. "

Her brows again dipped,
" But why does the commercial call have no history ? And oppa said I was getting many calls when he gave me the mobile and bag. But why are there no history of those calls ? "

' ah ! Why are you sensitive and intelligent at the same time ? How am I supposed to trick you at least to keep you safe ? '

" You badly want that to be real ? "

" Nooo....... I am afraid that it will be real ! " she said with a hurt expression making his eyes soften.

" Then ,why do you keep interrogating ? Trust me, Y/n. Nothing happened like that. " His voice went from slightly stern to pleading tone around the end of his sentence. She sighed at his pleading eyes, which were begging her to believe him.

She slowly nodded her head making him slightly smile at her while he took her hand in his.
" When are we leaving the hospital ? " she slowly questioned.

" Tomorrow morning." he replied making her nod.

" Wait, you didn't have anything, right ? I'll go bring something for you to eat. " he said.

" No, no. I am not hungry ! " she replied. He kissed his teeth,

" You should eat something, Y/n. You already had a panic attack and your body is weak." he uttered and got up. He leaned down to place a warm long kiss on her forehead, making her close her eyes at the secure feeling from his protective kiss.

" I'll be back soon." he said before slipping out of the room.

" How is the person, who got injured ? " she questioned after swallowing her second bite while Jungkook was holding the next bite of food near her lips.

" They saved him. They said his leg is fractured and he won't be able to walk for a few months. But he's safe now. He is the son of Byun chemical corporation's owner. He was talking, well, technically, arguing with his girlfriend when the truck approached. That's why he didn't hear any of us. "