1;

Y/N sat on the floor of her room, feeling a bittersweet feeling as she opened the present wrapped in a black and white polka dot wrapper and a pink bow. She lifted the lid off, and was pleasantly surprised when she saw a pair of sparkly pumps. ‘Thank you so much girls,’ she said to her two best friends. ‘I’d be happier if I didn’t have to move to another city and move in with a bunch of strangers.’ she said sadly, suddenly making the atmosphere more somber than it had been a few seconds ago.
Her friends looked at her sympathetically, not sure what to say.

Y/N sighed and got up, moving to her bedroom window and placing her arms on the sill. ‘That “For Sale” sign right out my window confirms to me we’re really moving. What is my mom even thinking selling this house!? Doesn’t she know that people can lose their jobs!?’ she turned to her friends with a guilty grin. ‘Am I totally ruining my own farewell party right now?’ she put a hand in her short pink  hair.

‘Pretty much,’ one of her best friends, Liz, shrugged. ‘But your mom’s one of the smartest women I’ve ever seen, I’m sure she knows what she’s doing.’

‘Hey, even smart people can make bad decisions sometimes.’ Rei reprimanded her. ‘So tell me, who are you going to be living with? I bet Mr. Song has some snobby little daughters in the mansion.’ 

‘That would have been more tolerable but no!’ Y/N complained as she went back to her friends and sat with her legs crisscrossed. She placed her hands on her knees and continued to talk. ‘I heard he has five sons! SONS! I’ve never lived with boys before…I’ve never met my dad and I’m an only child, now they’re throwing me in a house with six men! Well Mr. Song looks cool but you can never know what his sons are like.’

The two girls giggled in union as they listened to Y/N’s complaints, they were gonna miss how loud she could be sometimes.

‘Five sons!?’ Rei interjected. ‘How old are they? Are they cute?’

‘I’m sure she doesn’t know.’ Liz commented. She knew Y/N would not be interested in finding out about them with how annoyed she was about moving.

Before Y/N could reply, the door opened and her third best friend, Bahiyyih, walked in carrying a shopping bag. ‘Hey girls, sorry I’m late, I was at my part-time job.’ she then handed one of the bags to Y/N. ‘And here’s your farewell present. I got you airpods, they really come in handy when boys are just being loud and annoying. Trust me, I have a brother, I know.’

‘You have one brother and you’re complaining!?’ Y/N cried. ‘It’s literally going to be a jungle then.’

‘Can we please see the brothers!?’ Bahiyyih pleaded then turned to the other two. ‘I mean if their dad is Mr. Song Joong Ki then they must be so handsome too! We could get ourselves some cute boyfriends.’

Y/N raised her eyebrow. ‘You’re going to do a long distance thing? For real I haven’t seen them.’ she rubbed the back of her neck.

‘For real-real?’ Rei asked in surprise. ‘If I were you, I would have asked my mom to let me see them.’

There was a light knock on the door before it opened. Y/N’s mom, Ms. Park, popped her head in the door. ‘Hey girls, having a good time? Please tell Y/N that after this she has a looooot of packing to do.’

‘Got it,’ Liz giggled.

‘No!!!’ Y/N screamed and stood up. ‘As part of my strike, you’re gonna pack my clothes for me if you want me to go with you mom.’ she then remembered something. ‘Oh mom, Bahiyyih was asking if she could see Mr. Song’s sons.’