15;

Later that evening, Y/N walked into the house after having been dropped off by Y/N’s mother. Everyone seemed to be in their rooms after supper, and the only people Y/N had been able to meet were the maids who were clearing the dining table. That was great; she could avoid James. She was about to walk up the stairs when she noticed Justin sitting in the kitchen by the counter. He was on his cell phone.

‘Justin?’ Y/N asked curiously before she removed her hand from the stair railings and walked over to the counter. ‘Why aren’t you in your room?’

‘I’m just…not tired.’ He lied. In reality, he had been waiting for Y/N to show up. He had missed her, and this would probably be his only opportunity to have a one on one interaction with her. ‘So I heard you were at Jihoon’s house? Wow he’s pretty lucky.’ He gave a disappointed smile.

‘Lucky to have me around?’ she laughed and rolled her eyes. ‘I’m boring.’

‘No you’re not, anyway, well you’re in luck though, you missed dad’s usual appraisal. He was going through our grades so I guess he would have gone through yours as well.’ He informed her, ‘James is a mess right now, he can’t sleep.’

‘J…James? It can’t be that bad right?’ she started to feel sorry, ‘your dad is just a perfectionist right? So which brother got daddy’s medal?’

‘Obviously I did,’ Justin slightly bragged, wanting to impress her. ‘I got a perfect score in everything. Anyway it doesn’t matter, you’ll be going through those appraisals soon.’

‘What? There’s a lot of hospitality colleges so I’m not under any pressure, I’ll obviously get into one of them okay?’ she folded her arms before she continued, ‘and come on, you guys have to run the family business and I’ll just have to live a normal life, maybe you have to get through that. I think I really need to talk to James, poor thing’ she rubbed her elbows. Despite how awkward it was, she was overtaken by the sympathy. ‘But can you imagine how crazy it will be in the future Justin?’ she smiled, ‘I’d bring my kids over at Christmas and they’ll get spoiled by their rich uncles.’

‘Or you’ll be married to one of the rich uncles, plot twist.’ Justin joked, but he didn’t earn a laugh for his strange joke. Truthfully speaking, Justin would rather be her rich husband rather than her children’s rich uncle. He then cleared his throat. ‘Oh you’re gonna talk to…James? In his room?’ he asked with slight jealousy.

‘Yeah he wouldn’t wanna come out would he? Um…goodnight Justin.’ She said slowly before she started to walk to the stairs. Justin waved at her disappointedly, saddened that his alone moment with her was cut short.

Y/N made her way up the stairs then knocked on James’ room door. She had never been inside before, but she had seen him disappear in there multiple times.

‘Come in Yorch!’ James immediately responded after hearing the knock.
Y/N slowly opened the door and walked in. His room had vibrant blue walls and seemed to be heavily influenced by music. It just looked like a more expensive version of Jihoon’s room, with some guitars propped next to his closet doors and the words “ROCKSTAR” on the wall in neon lights and a large water bed.

‘Oh haha, you must be disappointed that it’s me and not Yorch,’ Y/N finally said.

‘Oh no,’ James covered his face with a pillow and slumped back down on his bed. ‘I didn’t want you to see me like this. Go away.’

‘Siblings can see each other at their lowest,’ she sat on the edge his bed, ‘want me to make you laugh?’ she pressed the water bed, ‘this bed feels like my body…get it? Cause it’s a water bed so…never mind.’