Chapter - 13, Imperfectly Perfect!

"We have reached." Abhimanyu stopped the car in front of Asha Kiran NGO.

Everyone got out of the car and Abhimanyu went to park it. The other three went inside and Abhimanyu went shortly after them.

While Manjiri and Harshvardhan talked to the owner of the orphanage, Akshara looked around. It gave such peaceful and homely vibes to her.

Akshara heard the noises of ghungru and instantly she felt herself going towards the noise. She loved hearing it. Whenever Naira dances, Akshu just sit there looking at her dancing so beautifully and hearing the sound of ghungru. Sometimes, she would join her. Akshara loved dancing also. It makes her feel more connected to her Mumma. Dancing and singing have always been a way of releasing stress for both of them. It makes them forget everything for a while and the only thing they remember is their passion which makes them who they are.

She peeked from behind the wall and she was surprised. An instant smile formed on her face after coming from her initial surprised state.

There danced Naira among the kids while they were dancing around her. She was telling them how to do it. After seeing her breathing a little heavily and getting tired from dancing, Akshara decided to join her Mumma.

"Hii, Kids. " Akshara muttered loud enough for everyone to hear and Naira looked at her surprised.

"Akshu? What are you doing here?" Naira asked her but Akshara ignored the question and made her sit on the nearby bench.

"You should rest for a while. I will handle it. " Akshara gave her an assuring smile and Naira tried to deny but Akshu pouted and tried to reason out how she was breathing heavily and needed to rest for a while.

She moved towards the girls who were looking at them curiously. She smiled at the girls and introduced herself. The girls started warming up to her and Akshara told them she will teach them till then Naira is taking a break.

Akshara tied her hair in a bun and starts the music. She started to teach them. Naira looked at her lovingly. She was seeing herself in Akshara.

A girl requested Akshara to perform the song 'Mere Dholna' as Naira told them Akshara dances really well.

Akshara looked at Naira who gestured her for to go on and Akshara nodded. The girls sat on the chair and Akshara played another song.

As the thrumming rhythm of classical music whispered into her ears, she began to dance.

"Mere Dholna Sun
Mere Pyaar Kii Dhunn
Mere Dholna Sun
Mere Pyaar Ki Dhunn,"

Arms flailing in the sky above her, she whirled around and whooped her happiness in the sweat-stained air.
Akshara's face was adorned with a beautiful smile.

"Meri Chahatein Toh
Fizaa Mein Bahengi,
Zinda Rahegi Hoke Fanaa"

Akshara's hand waved side to side. Everyone looked at her in awe and the girls clapped. Abhimanyu looked for Akshara ignoring the lady talking to him.

"Tana na na tum
Tana na na tum
Tana na na tum
Tana na na tum
Tana dere tana dere
Dere na"

Akshara twirled rapidly. Her brown hair opened from the loose bun she made and fell down her shoulders.

"Mere Dholna Sun
Mere Pyaar Ki Dhunn
Mere Dholna aaaaa"