Chapter - 18, Go on a date?

Abhimanyu turned to another corridor and Akshara ran behind him while saving herself from bumping into people or patients.

"Ahhh!" Akshara suddenly shouted stopping in her tracks.

Abhimanyu stopped and turned around to look at her. He frowned when he saw Akshara groaning in pain.

"What happened?" Abhimanyu asked going toward her.

Akshara looked at her foot in pain. Abhimanyu bent down to examine her feet when the bracelet was snatched from his hand and Akshara laughed at him while running away. Abhimanyu looked at her in astonishment.

"Akshu!" Abhimanyu yelled running behind her.

Akshara turned and laughed at him. Abhimanyu saw her running toward his cabin. At first, he smirked then realisation hit him and his facial expression changed.

"Oh, Shit!" He muttered to himself and tried to stop her.

"Akshu, No!" Abhimanyu stood between the door and Akshara.

"Don't open the door," Abhimanyu said breathing heavily.

Akshara frowned and stopped herself from twisting the doorknob.

"Why?" Akshara asked.

"Because I said so." Abhimanyu glared at her.

Akshara twisted the doorknob and Abhimanyu lost his balance as he was standing while leaning against the door. Akshara lost her balance because she was leaning on Abhimanyu.

They both fell to the floor, Akshara was on top of Abhimanyu and the flower petals fell on them. Akshara looked up to see more and more petals falling on them. Abhimanyu closed his eyes and cursed himself while Akshara looked at the preparations and her man in awe.

Abhimanyu did all this for Her!

Abhimanyu felt no weight on himself and he slowly opened his eyes. He looked around and didn't see Akshara. He panicked and stood up instantly.

As he stood up, he saw Akshara admiring the decorations. He stood nervously but an instant smile plastered on his face looking at her smiling and admiring it.

As she turned around, she had tears in her eyes. Abhimanyu firstly panicked but then he saw the big smile that adorned her face and he relaxed.

Before he could mutter anything, Akshara ran and jumped in his arms. Abhimanyu almost lost his balance due to the sudden force. Akshara sniffed and Abhimanyu hugged her more tightly.

Akshara hugged him tightly like a Koala. She looked at Abhimanyu still in his arms.

"This is so beautiful!" Akshara kissed his forehead and Abhimanyu grinned.

"But won't you ask what all this is for?" Abhimanyu laughed and Akshara nodded in realization.

He put her down and Akshara made a face. Abhimanyu stifled her laugh and pretended that he didn't notice her angry stare.

"Okay, so," Abhimanyu muttered after sitting down on his knees.

"I can't explain the amount of love I have for you. It's like you are the only one, I see. No one matters more than you. I won't say I didn't feel anything for you since the beginning because that will be a clear lie. I felt something, some kind of weird connection that would always pull me to you. I didn't realise I was falling in love with you. I scolded myself when I realised that I was enjoying these little arguments between us. I was enjoying our banters which was weird for me. You are a chaotic person but when I am with you I find myself at peace without any sadness, annoyance, or irritation. It's like you have spelt me. But then I realised that it is truly a spell, your love spell, your spell which will be always on me till I die. So, I gladly invite your chaos into my boring life." Abhimanyu looked at Akshara adoringly and Akshara was speechless.

"So, Akshara Goenka will you go on a date with me? Because then you can't ever go away from me." Abhimanyu said but Akshara didn't answer.

"Was this too much for asking on a date?" Abhimanyu muttered to himself but loud enough for Akshara to hear. Akshara laughed out loud and Abhimanyu looked at her with hearty eyes.

"Abhi, Oh My God!" Akshara said clutching her stomach.

She bent down on her knees and cupped his cheeks. Kissing her forehead, she smiled at him.
"It was perfect! I'm glad it was for me and the words which are said by heart are never too much. I may not be able to explain the love I have. All I can say is that I can't imagine my life without you." Akshara hugged him and Abhimanyu caressed her hair softly.

When they stood up, Akshara told him to bent a little.
"And it's a yes!" Akshara whispered in his ears. Abhimanyu picked her up happily and twirled her while Akshara squealed. After putting her down, he kissed her forehead. Akshara closed her eyes as if saving it in her memory.

"But when?" Akshara asked.

"Tomorrow at 5 pm," Abhimanyu muttered.

"Okay." Akshara smiled and nodded.

They didn't want to leave each other yet but a nurse came to call Abhimanyu and they went to their work after bidding each other.

__________________________

How was the chapter?