Chapter -29, Mrs Soon-To-Be Birla

Note ÷ The picture above, I think I never got to share this edit with you all. I love this.🥺♥
__________________________

Akshara looked at herself in the mirror, trying many dresses over herself but she was confused about what to wear.

She looked at herself in the mirror and pouted, getting a little sad.

Suddenly her eyes went behind herself, still looking at the mirror to see Abhimanyu standing there, looking at her adoringly.

But he shook his head, indicating that he didn't like the dress.

"Yeh Aaina Hai Ya Tu Hai
Joh Roz Mujhko Sawaare "

Akshara picked up another dress and put it on herself to show Abhimanyu. She raised an eyebrow at him asking him about her dress. He nodded in a no.

"Itna Lagi Kyu Sochne
Mai Aaj Kal Tere Baare
Tu Jheel Khamoshiyon Ki
Lafzon Ki Mai Toh Lehar Hoon
Ehsaas Ki Tu Hai Duniya
Chota Sa Mai Ek Shehar Hoon"

Akshara searched in her closet and took out another dress.

"How is it?" Akshara chirped happily as she liked the dress. Abhimanyu looked at her from head to toe.

When he gave no reply, Akshara thought he didn't like it. Before she could put it back, she looked at him, he smiled softly and nodded in a yes, confirming that he liked the dress.

She turned to look at him but found no one. She looked here and there confused. Then she went to change. She changed in a pink and white floral dress which reached till her ankle. She sat on her in front of the mirror and applied a little make-up.

"Yeh Aaina Hai Ya Tu Hai
Joh Roz Mujhko Sawaare"

When she was about to tie her hair, she looked in the mirror to see Abhimanyu who was nodding in denial. Akshara left her hair open and looked at herself in the mirror in satisfaction.

She turned again to look at him but realised what she was doing. She blushed a little and then face palmed herself. Shaking her head, she took her bag and purse and went out of the room.

When she reached Birla Hospital, she directly went to Abhimanyu's cabin but on her way, she found Manjiri and Neil looking at her teasingly. She gasped as she realised something when Neil smirked.

She dashed to Abhimanyu's cabin, panting heavily. Abhimanyu looked at her concerned.

"What happened?" Abhimanyu asked her worried.

"Everyone....everyone got to know that....that we were seeing each other from before and were in love." Akshara looked at him nervously.

"What?" Abhimanyu looked at her shocked.

"How?" Abhimanyu asked her looking at her confused.

"I don't know but what will we say now?" Akshara asked looking at him hopefully.

"I...I don't know." Abhimanyu replied confused and shocked.

"Abhi...I.." Akshara panicked.

"Calm down, I will handle everything." Though nervous, Abhimanyu assured her.

He caressed her hair softly trying to calm her and himself. Akshara smiled a little.

After he cupped her cheeks, Akshara blinked innocently.

"Nothing will happen. It's okay." Abhimanyu assured again.

"I know it's okay, I was just you know....pranking," Akshara said and Abhimanyu blinked at her.

Once, twice, thrice.

"Seriously?" Abhimanyu looked at her in disbelief.

"Yup!" Akshara grinned, showing her perfect teeth. Abhimanyu glared at her but Akshara smiled sweetly.

"Akshu!" Abhimanyu pulled her in his arms.

"I can't believe it. Is it something to joke about? I swear my breathing stopped. I was trying to calm you down while you were making me panic. Great Going, Mrs-to-be Birla." Abhimanyu glared at her but his last statement made her blush.

"Sorry." Akshara gives him a sweet smile.

As they were talking, their phone beeped. They looked at each other and then opened their phone. As they read the message, they looked up at each other in excitement. They hugged each otter happily.

When they reached Goenka Mansion, everyone was present there and was waiting for them. As they entered, everyone looked at them sternly.

"So, this was not an arranged marriage? Huh?". Neil asked mischievously.

Abhimanyu and Akshara looked at each other in shock but masked their emotions quickly.

"Huh?" Akshara pretended to be confused.

"So you both were in love and when we arranged the alliance you pretended that you don't like each other much?" Aarohi asked them.

"What? We never pretended anything!" Akshara looked at her family.

"Stop teasing you two! It's okay if they were in love. What's the big deal?" Manish shrugged.

"It's good that they know each other. It will help them understand each other better." Harshvardhan agreed to Manish.

"You guys are no fun!" Neil whined.

"Neil!" Manjiri shut him up.

Abhimanyu glared at Neil who smiled sheepishly. Akshara smiled sweetly at Aarohi who looked at her nervously as she knew the wheels in her troublemaker sister's mind were running.

"We should discuss the matter we are here for," Naira said softly and everyone nodded quickly and excitedly.

The dates and everything were finalized. The elders were talking among themselves and Abhimanyu and Akshara were sitting silently looking at each other when Swarna spoke.

"So, after your Mehendi, you both are not allowed to meet each other," Swarna informed and everyone further warned them.

Abhira looked at each other horrified.

"That's unfair!" Abhimanyu almost whined, to his displeasure everyone laughed at his misery.

"Oh, isn't the groom too desperate to spend time with his to-be wife?" Stefani teased.

"Of course, Abhimanyu is desperate." Parth though agreed but he was not taking his side rather he was teasing.

"I see how everyone is teasing me and enjoying this situation." Abhimanyu scowled at them who laughed harder at him.

Akshara though agreed with him but still, she couldn't stop herself from laughing at him.

"You too?" Abhimanyu looked at her speechless. Akshara winked at him secretly and Abhimanyu almost fainted.

Everyone ignored them and chatted among themselves.

He put a hand on his heart and looked at her softly with hearty eyes.
"Hayee!" He muttered softly.

Akshara turned crimson at his action.

As the family was chatting among themselves, Akshara and Abhimanyu stood up secretly, one by one. Their family looked at each other as soon as they went. Smiling widely to themselves, everyone let them be and ignored the to-be couple, making them spend some time with themselves.
___________________________

I know this was too fast and short but after this, I will write only one last chapter, and then it's finished. Just wanted to inform. And it's just a filler chapter for not updating for so long and I was a little exhausted. So don't mind if you don't like it much. Sorry.

I haven't updated for a long, so.. Wanted to update. It may not be up to expectation but I tried. Promise to update the next chapter better.

Just wanted to update you all to celebrate their meeting after leap🥺