Chapter-25, You are the reason, Abhimanyu Birla

At night

Akshara looked at the other side of the bed where Aarohi was sleeping peacefully. She slowly got up without making any noise. She put the pillow and covered it with a blanket on her side where she was sleeping.

She took her hoodie and wore it. She looked at the window of her room. There was a pipe and even her window was not that height from the window. Akshara climbed out of the window through the pipe and then jumped down. Covering her face with a hood, she went out of the house through the backyard.

Walking on the vacant road, she finally reached the lake. She loved that lake too much since she was a little girl. It was so beautiful and calm that Akshara loved to spend most of her nights here.

What makes this place more beautiful is its scenery and it's a serene place as not many people know about it because it's near the deserted roads.

Akshara sat on the nearby bench looking at the white moon which was shining bright in the dark starry night. The Moon had an ethereal glow and Akshara looked at it in awe. The moonlight was shining so bright providing its tranquillity and soothing her soul. Millions of stars were sprinkled behind it. Its calmness almost lulled Akshara to sleep. She forgot about the noise and the glamour of the cities. It was far more peaceful here. The cool air and moon's soothing beams touched her skin and kissed her cheeks.

The lasers of moonlight, as bright as diamond flame, turned the lake glowy like melted platinum. The fireflies were buzzing around while flashing bright yellow light, making the lake more beautiful as they flew around the lake in a circular motion. The faint and musky smell of rain was still present in the air. 
The familiar hoot of the owl rang in the silent night. Akshara threw a stone in the lake and it made a loud musical sound. The place was quiet but this quietness speaks volumes. Its serenity told its tale.

As Akshara sat there gazing at the night sky, she heard the ruffles of leaves. She stood up hurriedly and looked in the direction from where the sound came. She felt quite annoyed and yet curious to know who was this person who has suddenly appeared out of nowhere and had taken away her peaceful moment.

She picked up a stone thinking it to be a thief or maybe a murderer. Akshara's eyes widened thinking that. She doesn't want to die so soon.

"Hey, Lord Krishna, save me. I am not even married yet. I don't want to die young. I want to spend my life with Abhimanyu. What will happen to that grumpy man?" Akshara blabbered to herself.

"Simple, he will become more grumpy. Please, God, don't do this to me. What did I ever do to you?" Akshara looked up at the sky.

"No, you have to save yourself, for your Abhi, your family and most importantly you can't die without eating your chocolate cake which papa brought for you and that chocolate! Focus, Akshu " Akshara smacked her forehead.

She moved closer to the voice. As she was about to throw the stone, the person came in front of her, making her drop the stone in shock.

Chocolate brown eyes met dark brown eyes and their eyebrows furrowed looking at each other in confusion. She smiled sheepishly after remembering she was going to hit him.

"How do you know about this place?" Akshara asked looking at him.

"This is my favourite place and I know about this since I was a kid," Abhimanyu replied and asked her to give him the space to sit.

"Well, don't look at me like that. I know about this place since I was a kid and it's my favourite place too. The peacefulness I feel here away from the world and its chaos is utterly unexplainable." Akshara said looking at the quiet lake. Abhimanyu nodded and agreed with her.