Chapter - 17, I State Facts, Darling

Akshara was walking toward her cabin when she bumped into Abhimanyu.

"Can't you see and walk?" Akshara glared at him.

"Says the one who herself is clumsy and is saved by me most of the time!" Abhimanyu deadpanned and Akshara gave him a mean look.

"You..." Akshara started pointing a finger at him.

Entwining his finger with her, he smiled at her smugly.
"Are Handsome? I know I am." Abhimanyu smirked at her. Akshara shot the meanest glare at him but Abhimanyu stood unfazed.

"Don't boast yourself. " Akshara rolled her eyes.

"I state facts darling." Abhimanyu gave another one of his smirks and Akshara huffed loudly.

"Abhimanyu Birla is a Grumpy Man," Akshara smirked at him. "Here, I stated the facts too." Akshara smiled sweetly and Abhimanyu grumbled.

"Akshara Goenka is a Clumsy Woman." Abhimanyu mocked and Akshara glared at him and Abhimanyu laughed.

"Abhi!" Akshara exclaimed angrily.

Abhimanyu looked at Akshara and then at Neil who was standing at a little distance hiding behind a wall, spying on them.

Neil went away shaking his head. As soon as he saw Neil going away, Abhimanyu pulled Akshara in his arms.

"Why were you arguing with me?" Akshara almost whispered. Abhimanyu tucked her stray hair behind her ear and cupped her cheeks.

"We were bickering. Not Arguing." Abhimanyu said and Akshara rolled her eyes.

"Same thing." Akshara looked at him bored.

"Why were we?" Akshara asked.

"Why can't we?" Abhimanyu questioned back.

"Abhi!"

"Akshu!"

"Abhimanyu."

"Akshara."

"You aren't going to tell me?" Akshara used the last shot to get the truth.

"I don't want Neil and my family to know just now," Abhimanyu told the truth.

"Why?" Akshara asked, feeling a little bad.

"Because," Abhimanyu turned her around and back hugged her. "I want.." He put his chin on her shoulder.

"Us, to give time to each other, get to know each other. I don't want to rush in. Now, I just want to enjoy this girlfriend - boyfriend phase with you. " Abhimanyu let out and Akshara looked at him gratefully.

"Me too," Akshara whispered.
___________________________

Akshara was going to her cabin when she saw a little boy crying alone while sitting on the floor. Akshara looked around for his parents but found no one.

She went toward the boy who looked at her curiously and suddenly stopped crying. Akshara looked at him in awe.

He was so cute.

He raised his hand in the air gesturing for her to pick him up. When Akshara kept looking at him in awe and didn't pick him, he jutted out his lips. His lips wobbled and he began to cry. Akshara looked at him in panic.

She quickly picked up the baby and tried to calm who already stopped crying as soon as he was in her arms. Akshara looked at him surprised. The boy clapped and giggled to himself.

When he saw Akshara staring at him, he cupped her cheeks with his little hands and suddenly buried his head in her neck.
Akshara was truly amazed.

Akshara searched around again for any relative or parent of the baby but found none. She turned around to go to her cabin when she heard Abhimanyu's voice.