33 | Quixotic

Music Suggestion : I feel it coming by The Weeknd (ion listen to the same song editing but this one got me trippin)

✰ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The automatic doors of the furniture store opened as I stepped inside, legs still wobbly and unsure while the cold of the air conditioner hit my moderately sweaty body, a gasp of relief escaping out my mouth from the coolness of it.

I peeked back instinctively to look for Mr. Jeon who followed right behind me, getting directly adjacent to me as he adjusted his right hand in the crevice of my waist, looking down at me with a dazzling smirk as he tilted his head as a gesture to keep moving.

My heart throbbed faster and I tried to forget the whole ordeal before but focus on what was happening right now, after all, I could take a sweet little revenge anytime I wanted.

"Let's start with the big things so we know which color to choose for the small side decorations!" I let out, escaping from the warmth of his strong grip as a worker made her way towards us, a professional smile plastered across her face, "How may I help you, newlyweds buying furniture, hm?"

My eyes gawked out of their sockets with eyebrows raising to the ceiling, jaw plummeting to the ground.

D-did she just-

What is he going to say? Is he going to deny it? Be mad about it?

Mr. Jeon didn't say a word but simply nodded shyly, my astonishment soaring to new heights as he brought me even closer to him by my waist, beaming charmingly at the lady as he always did. Crimson whisked to my cheeks at such a simple gesture, my head dizzy from creating tons of scenarios already.

We first selected a gray leather sofa set, adding a center table in between before moving to the next big thing, a bed.

Mr. Jeon had clearly emphasized he had no limits on the budget and that I didn't have to look for stuff under a specific range which made me carefully consider his sources of income.

Was he in the mafia?

The worker took us to the mattress section and excitement rose up in me seeing so many different types of mattresses with different decorations and aesthetics. "Choose carefully, missus." the lady who was fairly senior grinned, peeking at my supposed 'husband' who was mirroring her expression of tease.

"Yes, missus. You must."

I wasn't sure if they could see the mess I had become under the strands of my hair, my fingers gliding across the soft violet duvet of the bed as I bounced lightly on the bed, feeling its springs come into life.

Mr. Jeon sat beside me, an expression of adoration on his face as he looked into my eyes, his own fingers feeling the duvet before interlocking with mine. "You like it?"

I nodded right away, looking down on my lap and playing with the ring I had put on today just for him that he was yet to notice. "The ultimate decision is on you, you're the one who's gonna be sleeping on it anyway."

"If you would be there with me, then we most definitely won't be sleeping."

I couldn't help but snort at that awfully cheesy sentence, blushing nonetheless as I made fun of the awkward combination of his deep but teasing high voice. "You..." I shook my head, laughing but Mr. Jeon brought me closer to him by my hand, his eyes shining as he beamed handsomely, "Tell me..."

"I-"

"Is this one selected?" The worker lady seemed to have come once again, unconsciously interrupting our sweet moment as I looked at him before nodding, "Yes!"