🐉Soul🐉

Time goes by. Young Joong Gil is now getting ready to present the military exam, he wants to be a soldier that defends the country and all of it's people, impulses by Koo Ryeon's words. His mother doesn't seems to be pleased with the idea, but Joong Gil doesn't really cares.
One day, someone knock on the door, when it opens, the young Koo Ryeon is in front of us. They are now engaged... I know shouldn't feel like this since I'm just seeing the past, but for some reason... this hurts. They go out for a walk, and Joon Gil puts some rouge color on Ryeon's eyelids, that the same shadow Ms. Koo wears daily since I've met her. They both live each other... they're meant for one another. The wedding finally takes place, bough of them couldn't be happier. The smile on young Joong Gil's face is priceless, I've never seen him this happy before.
Time continues to flow.They've been now a married couple for some years. Tonight they're walking around the market together, now they look like the Ms. Koo and Joong Gil that I know. Ms. Koo stops to see the objects some one is selling. Joong Gil stares at her, pure love is reflected in his eyes... ouch. "You salute the seller and his ornaments with the same pleasure of always." He tells Ryeon. "They say looking is wanting." She replies. Joong Gil smiles at his wife. "That means we must be careful with our material desires." He says. Ryeon looks at him with an annoyed look, she's wearing that same rouge color on her eyes. "How dumb am I while wanting ornaments like those." She says while turning around and complete ignoring Joong Gil, showing she's mad. Joong Gil looks frustrated, he doesn't wants his wife to be angry at him. "Sorry, what I meant is for you to choose the one that you like the most." He rapidly says. Ryeon still doesn't pays attention to him. "My wife..." Joong Gil says, finally getting her attention. Ouch once more... but at least now I see that he's always been easy to convince hehe. Ryeon starts seeing the different accessories, there's ribbons, skirt decorations, earrings and hairpins. "I like this one, this one and also this one." She says while seeing the hairpins. "My wife... could you please choose just one?" Joong Gil asks. Ryeon smiles at him. "Then please choose the one you think will suit me the best." She says. Joong Gil smiles. "You look wonderful with everything." He answers. A cocky smile appears in Ryeon's face. "I'll take them all." She says to the seller. "Wait!" Joong Gil says before she can make any other move. He takes a hairpin. "I like this one." He says while handing it to her. No way... I touch my hair, I take the small metal piece in my hands and stare at it... it's the same! How? How is this posible? This must be at least 400 years ago, so why... why do we have the same hairpin?
Soldiers arrive, telling Joong Gil he should go to the front lines, since Qing is invading the country. He waves one last goodbye to his wife and departs to serve the country. I follow him. It's been hard days, he hasn't gotten any news from his home, he misses Ryeon... he wants to see her so badly. After fighting for months the war is finally over, he can return home. When he arrives, his mother salutes him with all the motherhood love she has. He asks for Ryeon, but then his mother's expression changes completely. She was kidnapped by the barbarians, she must be way to far away by now, his mother says. Anger and rage build up inside him, he mounts his horse and go looking for his wife. After days of searching, almost loosing all hope, he finds her we some other women at the entrance of the city. He can't believe it. "My wife." He says, with tears in his eyes while hugging his beloved one. So Joong Gil has always protected the one he loves...
Days go by... but things get worst. Ryeon and the other women that returned are being accused of prostitution, the rumor spreads around the town quickly, Ryeon falls slowly into depression, having anxiety attacks every now and then. She can't believe how people can be so cruel, her only sin was coming back from the barbarians camp alive, and no one even touched her... The day when her best friend and maid is killed by the villagers throwing rocks and other items at them calling them whores, is when everything actually comes down. Her mother in law calls her in, and presents her with a dagger. "Think about it, will you die with honor, or will you die by someone else's hands?" She threatens. Ryeon can't believe it. That night, it's her first attempt. She throws a bowl and it shatters into pieces. She takes one piece of the sharp glass and attempts to stab herself with it, but Joong Gil stops her. He talks her out of it, to think about him, about their future, he promises to take care of everything.
More days pass and the rumors just get worst. Joong Gil starts threatening people who dare to talk about his wife, desperately trying to ease the rumor. One night, he goes out of control. The scene he told me he's dreamt with before... him... killing people... actually happens. He kills two men who were talking about Ryeon, lying about having slept with her. He can't handle it anymore and he stabs both of them, but as he was returning home, Ryeon appears in front of him. "Is this how you were taught to wield your sword?" She asks him. He doesn't replies, he feels guilty and betrayed, since he was doing this for her. He takes a walk before he returns home, but when he enters, panic and horror stoke him. He sees his wife's body being carried out. He sees her wrist... she killed herself. So this is the reason why he hates suicide the most... because that's how he lost his wife... he cries his soul out, he never forgave himself, even when he died... he still was in so much pain and regretted his mistakes enormously...

I wake up. Junwoong is still at the dream, he might be going slower than me. I touch my checks, and I notice I've been crying... this hurts, way to much, not only because I feel their sadness, also because one part of me feels lonely, jealous... so the real love is his life isn't me... it's her... I cry once more. "Why are you showing me this?" I ask... "Because you are the only one who can tell him the truth." The director answers. "I can't... I..." I'm not able to finish my sentence, since I break down crying. Director walks to me and hugs me. "I know you don't have much time left either." She whispers into my ear... "how do you know that?" I ask her surprised. Not even Joong Gil or my friends know about this... just three doctors at the hospital and that's it. "It's my job to know the life spawn of people, since you entered my office the first time, I saw your time was running out." She replies while still hugging me. "Your mission in this lifetime, is to put back together a soul that was once broken. To fix those scars, and to give him a second chance." Director says while cleaning my tears... "He's going to be fine after I tell him right? After I'm gone..." I say. Director looks at me. "I promise you that this won't be the end, but you'll help him find his path once more, even when you're gone." She assured me. "It's good that things happened this way then, at least he won't suffer again." I say sure of what I have to do know. Park Joong Gil, I'll fix your soul this time.

————————
Hey! So we've got quite and intense chapter. What do you think? Do you think you know what'll happen? Things will jus get more and more interesting. Keep reading hehe.
I'll see you in the next update, promise it'll be soon.