The fight ' 001

" doin it all for love "

— "VERONICA! I SAID GET UP!" my dad yelled as I rolled over in bed. He snatched the covers up as I groaned , coldness overturning my body. I sighed as I got up and stretched my legs. "Finally mija"my dad said under his breath. I rolled my eyes. I got dressed and went down stairs , "no breakfast today ma I'm sorry" my dad said as he kissed my forehead. I smiled "it's okay I'm gonna head to school , by dad" I said with a smile. I walked out my front door and made my way toward the school , the missing kid flyers stopped me , a new one appeared. "Bruce Ramada" it read. I sighed, I heard footsteps behind me and jumped, I turned around only to see my friend finny and his sister Gwen. "Jesus Christ don't do that" I said letting out a sigh of relief. "Sorry" Gwen said with a smile, I returned a small one. Finny then spoke , "hey I know him" he said. I frowned. We all stood in silence before some yelling in the distance grabbed our attention. We all shared glances and walked over to the scene , it was a fight. It was between my friend Robin and another boy named moose. I'm not sure what happened but moose started swinging. I was honestly surprised because nobody ever really does swing when in a fight. Robin immediately dodged all the swings and jumped on moose. It was clear who was winning the fight. "Cmon let's go" finny said pulling on me and Gwen. I walked off with them figuring finny probably didn't want Gwen to see the fight. We were all just talking until we made it to school.

* after school *

"You have got to stop getting into fights Arellano" I said rolling my eyes at Robin while patching up his knuckles. He scoffed "whatever Rodriguez" he said returning the nickname. I glared at him and then returned to his knuckles, "you know , another kid went missing" I said. He sighed "who?" "Bruce Ramada, I think he played baseball with finny" I said. He nodded. I bit my cheek thinking about the unthinkable. "Roni?" Robin asked. That was my nickname for a lot of people. "Mhm?" I said. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Idk Robin I'm just scared , what if" he cut me off. "Nothing will happen to you, and if something does you'll be ok , I promise" he said staring at me. I nodded. "HEY LOVE BIRDS GO SUCK OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE " Mason and his gf said. I rolled my eyes. "Go fuck yourself mason" is said moving on to robins next hand to bandages his knuckles. Mason grabbed me by my shirt and slammed me against the wall, his other friends held Robin down. "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?" "Did i stutter Mason? I said go FUCK YOURSELF" I said and spit in his face. He tightened his grip and slammed me to floor. "Hey!" I heard Robin yell. I groaned and touched my head, "dousche bag!" I said with a scoff. I then kicked him in his back so he fell to the floor. I glanced up to his friends who were holding Robin down. "Shit" I said. They let go and ran toward me, I turned around darted out the door. I was running as fast as I could, I turned around and flipped them off with a smirk before swiftly turning on the next road.