Eleven

~Cirilla's POV~

"So?" Sitting down on the couch with Boo Boo in my arms, I look at Alec. I heard with my telepathy what the other vampires betted "what about you? Do you like kids?"

"I'll tolerate them" Alec informs me as I scratch Boo Boos head, she purrs loudly "I don't hate them just...some kids are easier to be around then others"

"So you believe in the whole nurture vs. nature thing?" I ask "where it all depends on how the child is raised?"

"Yes" nodding his head "how a child turns out is all on the parents? Do you feel the same?"

"I feel like there are more factors regarding a child and their upbringing" looking out the window "take me for instance. Bella even though she is my sister she is the biggest, most selfish person to ever live and look where it's gotten her" I explain "our mother is an overgrow sorority girl married to someone younger than her who because of his job made them travel a lot, our dad or Bella's dad" thinking about how I was raised "I was raised with good morals from his best friend who was also a single father but to not just one kid but three, Charlie didn't like having me around" I smile sadly "Billy dad, he was more of a father then Charlie"

"Do you think" Alec asks after some silence, except for the purring coming from Boo Boo "do you think you could raise those babies and not hold some sort of resentment because of who their mother is?"

"Of course I could" feeling offended "I'm not Bella, Bella would probably raise those kids to not have any good morals and she'd probably create more mini hers"

"I mean they are mini hers" he mutters "it's just" looking at me speaking up and clearly "one could understand if you don't want to raise those children, given the type of relationship you have with their birth mother"

"I have no relationship of any kind with Bella" getting defensive "but I'll be damned if those children end up like her, I'll be damned if those children grow up the way I was...not feeling wanted by your own family"

"I didn't mean to upset you" he stands "I understand if you wish to be alone" he soon leaves, I want to stop him I do it's just...I need a minute to myself and think how I'm no longer that little girl seeking her fathers approval. How I have my actual father and not some stand in who only treated me more as a ward, a responsibility than an actual daughter.

Did I overreact?

~Alec's POV~

When I get back to the others, they all stare at me. I glare at them "not one word" I sit down and have my arms crossed.

"Get her flowers" I look over at Jane, she's looking through a magazine right now.

"What?"

"Flowers" Demetri hands me a paper with a stores name "ask someone there what to get for apology flowers"

"Here" Felix hands me a paper with the name 'Lovin Oven Bakery' "get her some baked goods too"

"Like what?" I ask

"Chocolates" they all say, shrugging my shoulders I leave.