Back to Hawkins

Hawkins. You'd lived here once before, when your mother and father were still together. Moved away the beginning year of high school, only to move back your senior year. Well, finally your senior year. Technically you failed freshman year; adjusting to a whole new life was far more difficult than you'd been prepared for. It didn't help that everywhere you went, you were labeled a freak. Eventually you figured, 'hey what does it matter, I rather be a freak than a nobody', and accepted the title.

Of course that would change when you moved back to Hawkins. Previously, you'd lived with your dad, and everything was great. You were a daddy's girl anyway, he didn't force you to be anything you weren't. He let you cut, or grow out your hair as you wanted. Get a tattoo after your favorite band. Hell, let you listen to rock music, and helped sew patches onto your clothes.

Mother was a different story. You still weren't entirely sure why your father decided to give her another chance. She was a skank, and quite frankly, evil. You could still be a rocker, and wear the clothes you'd spent hours making, but not to school, never to school. God, she made you join the cheer team, to be 'mommy's little cheerleader'. More like to live out some weird dream through her child. You didn't want to be on the cheer team, why would you ever want that. But, dad seemed to go along with the idea; said it'd be a great way for you to make friends.

Unsurprisingly, that didn't happen. Even if you didn't look like a freak, you were still one. Talking about any of your interests proved that. There was one girl though, Chrissy Cunningham. She seemed to find you interesting, for whatever reason. You quite liked her yourself. She was funny, and didn't make you feel like some outlandish weirdo. She treated you like a person, despite how different the two of you were. You liked that about her most of all. You even got her to listen to some KISS that one time, but you could tell she was being nice. Madonna will probably always be her favorite.

Finally, through a tortious half year of cheering, you had almost made it to spring break. You'd be going on a trip with your dad, just the two of you, like it had been. Even if you eventually had to go back, having some time away from the she-demon that was your mother would be nice. You sat on the roof of your car, ass freezing, listening to your cassette. You had to come to school in your cheer suit, because of some stupid ass prep rally at 9 in the morning. In your opinion, it was too damn early, but you weren't in charge of those things. You'd managed to sneak your black dyed denim jacket, messing with the Ozzy patch on the sleeve. It was really your only source of warmth, considering the skirt was barely doing anything. Shuddering, you pulled the jacket closer

"Chrissy, what the hell, hurry up," You sighed to yourself, looking around in the parking lot. Finally, you saw the buttmunch Jason's car, relaxing. Chrissy probably just rode with him, right? Running over, you came face to face with grade-A butt hole, captain of the basketball team.

"What do you want, freak," He sneered at you, slamming his car door shut.

"Nothing to do with you, so don't get yourself all excited, huh?" You sassed in retort. "Is Chrissy with you? I've been waiting all morning, it's freezing."

"I'm here, I'm here y/n!" She laughed, popping out of the passenger side. "Gosh I'm so sorry, I didn't think you'd actually be on time today! Oh, was that rude, I'm so sorry."

You couldn't help but laugh a little, glaring at her fucker of a boyfriend before linking your arms together, "No offense taken, I promise."

"Hey! I love this jacket, did your mom let you wear it?" She grinned, messing with the patches. You didn't have the heart to tell her you definitely snuck it in your bag and your mom was so going to beat you for it later.

"Uh, yeah. Beauty, ain't she?"

"Yeah! Oh, who's this one?" That's why you liked Chrissy. She genuinely tried to show interest in the things you enjoy, instead of summing it up to devil worship, or satanic behavior.