Face it Together

The morning light shone through your window, easing you awake. Not that you wanted to wake up. It'd been the best sleep you'd gotten in a week. Partly because you were finally back in your bed, mostly because Eddie insisted he would sleep beside you. Or, more accurately, on top. After what happened in the bathroom, you weren't going to protest. Plus, he'd helped you clean up and get some clothes on---a t-shirt and some underwear, but still---after you were tired from the shower, and his puppy dog eyes were too cute to handle. And the fact he was only in his boxers sorta helped-

Not that there was anyway you were going to say no in the first place.

Eddie had fallen asleep with his head on your chest, arms framing your body like you were nothing but a big teddy bear. Giggling into your pillow you played with his hair, scanning over his tired expression. You gently traced under his eyes, the slight eye bags that had decorated his face now almost gone. Part of you still felt bad that he hadn't slept, but it wasn't something you couldn't helped either. Or at least thats what you told yourself.

Turning your head, you read the clock: 8:43. Your father would probably barge into your room at 9 to check on you and promptly murder Eddie if he saw you like this. Sighing, you gently shook the snoring man's shoulder.

"Eddie, it's time to wake up," You cooed to him, moving some hair behind his ear. He merely groaned and hid his face more, forcing a string of quiet giggles out of you. "Eddie?"

"Five more minutes... I was having a nice dream," He murmured, gingerly rubbing your side.

"What about?" You inquired, drawing circles on his shoulder.

He hummed, a smile gracing his lips, "You, in a pretty white dress." You snorted, not understanding what made that so special.

"Have you ever even seen me in a dress?"

"Nope," He droned out, lifting his head to gaze up at you. "I have a very vivid imagination though." Laughing, you kissed him tenderly.

"We should get up before my dad comes storming in here," You mumbled, practically feeling the grumble in his chest. Nuzzling his head into your neck he sighed.

"Date idea number 23: cuddle in bed all day."

You laughed into your hand, "There's 22 others?"

"Why of course," He grinned proudly, planting small kisses in his secret crook. "That is the number before 23."

"Indulge me a little," You retorted, smirking. "Unless your bluffing."

"Date idea number one," He scoffed mockingly. "Milkshakes. One shake, two straws, and a lot of kissing in the parking lot."

"Sounds promising," You bit your lip to keep from giggling.

"Date idea number two: dance around the house in our underwear like we're in Risky Business. Though, I think you're prettier than Tom Cruise."

Cheeks flushed from smiling so hard, you hid your face in your pillow. Eddie just chuckled and started kissing your uncovered cheek.

"Date idea number three, I teach you how to play Baby. Maybe a little bit of Iron Maiden, a bit of Dio-"

"Ok, ok!" You laughed, hugging his neck. "I believe you. And I also think you're prettier than Tom Cruise."

Flashing his pearly whites he hugged your waist, "Why thank you, sweetheart." He left a sloppy wet kiss on your cheek before bounding out of the bed, bouncing you in the air slightly.

"Eddie!" He just grinned at you before entering the bathroom. Rolling your eyes you got up to get dressed. You planned to stop by the Wheeler's to see if Nance needed help with her donation boxes. You figured you could go together, and maybe she could tell you what really went down with Vecna. You looked at the pile of skirts on your chair, still freshly tagged from whatever store your mom got them from.