Chapter 8 New Best Friend

Genie

I sighed as I picked up my mug and sipped. I glanced at the lady beside me. She is maintaining a stoic appearance. I shook my head.

"First of all, I am not happy, but in behalf of the girls, I'd like to say thank you. I just hope that we won't disappoint your expectations" I began and she smiled. A forced smile of course.

"Second, I'd like to know how high your confidence is in this game. Give me a percentage of your possibility to win the game. That is for us to know how much to prepare in playing alongside you" I looked at her. I'm trying hard to sound neutral but my eyes is betraying me. I can't help but to look at her with sad eyes.

"Game?" she asked. "I'm not so good at playing games" she added.

"But you just gambled, and bet one of your most valued person" I replied still looking at her. I saw she was confused.

"And let me remind you that in games, you're taking risks. In gambling, once you laid down your bet, you should be aware that there is a big possibility that it might never find its way back into your hands again" I stated a fact as I watch fear display in her eyes.

"You already laid down the bet Park Chaeyoung, and if you want to win the game, I say, play the game well, and make sure to win. We will surely be at your back, because we are a big factor why you risked playing the game, but we aren't as knowledgeable as you, however, we can follow orders. We are indebted to you after all" I finished my point.

"Genie..." that's all. All she did was to utter my name and before I knew it, her hands are on her face and she was crying hard.

I sighed and moved closer to her, taking her in my arms. I didn't want to be rude, but I want her to realize the consequence of her decisison. I can't just watch as well and pity her, no one wants to be pitied. I just hope this won't lead to something bigger, I hope, am hoping, but I doubt.

I let her cry, just gently holding her and rubbing her back, keeping her close. I can feel tears escaping my eyes as well but I ignored it. I watched the crying lady in front of me, and I sighed. We will debut because of her sacrifice. I hope we are worth it.

When she finally calmed down, my shirt was drenched with tears but I didn't mind at all.

"You didn't tell her the real reason why you signed that contract and the conversation didn't end well" I stated, from my deductions. She nodded.

"So why didn't you tell her? What did you tell her then?" I asked.

"I, we promised to CEO that the matter will be a secret, however, realizing it, that blackmailing isn't really what made me sign it, it's...your determination, your potential, I believe you should be presented to the public asap" another lie. I know it was really the blackmail. But I let it be. Maybe someday, she'll tell me then.

"As for Lisa, I told her I did it to earn fame" my eyes widen in shock when I heard her.

She narrated to me their conversation and everything that happened. I looked at her. How did she manage to speak those words, and more, slap Lisa? But then, maybe she deserved that slap? I didn't know how irrational she could be when she's not in the right mind.

"It sounds as if you decided things for us yet you did not. Now, all we could do is support you, and I hope, we will win this game" I spoke after I heard her side.

"I... I don't know how to..." yeah, it seems that she don't know what to answer.

"It's okay. I understand you" I replied while sighing.

"I guess I should go up now, the unnies might be waiting for me. Besides, it is already midnight" she stood up. Yeah, we've been sitting here for an hour. I just hope her ex-girlfriend has atleast found her reason back to her head.